Bought a new Sony 49" television yesterday. Great picture, fair sound, but nothing else works. I specifically made sure it had red and white RCA jacks in back for my headphones and external speakers, but they produce nothing, I cannot find anything in setup that addresses settings for them, and they are lebeled as "input" connections in any case. There is nothing in any of the instructions about them.

So I finally gave up and bought a pair of Bluetooth headphones. The television says "searching for devices" and finds nothing. My iPhone finds the headphones when they are in pairing mode but the television does not. Tried removing the Sony microphone, disabling Bluetooth on the tv and re-enabling it. Nothing works.

Found something online that says,"All you need is a 3rd party bluetooth pairing app (I got it from aptoide app) and you can connect your bluetooth earphones from there. I have tested my qcy earphones as well as a generic bluetooth reciever.All you need is a 3rd party bluetooth pairing app (I got it from aptoide app) and you can connect your bluetooth earphones from there. I have tested my qcy earphones as well as a generic bluetooth reciever."

I have no idea what that means, how I would download that app to my television, or how I would use it once it was downloaded. It is a "smart tv" connected to my wifi, but does not, to my knowledge, have a browser. Any ideas how I can turn this useless brick into a television that I can watch when my wife is asleep?