[RESOLVED] Streaming and other connection issues. Win 10 x64

Thread: [RESOLVED] Streaming and other connection issues. Win 10 x64

Resolved [RESOLVED] Streaming and other connection issues. Win 10 x64

I for the life of me cannot figure this issue out.

I cannot stream from any site without constant buffering.
    Some sites I have to try to reload 4 or 5 times before they will load.
    When they do load, if I click any link in that page I just may run into issues.

What I have tried:
    Reboot (obviously)
    A full reset of the tcp/ip stack using netsh and used nbtstat with it.
    Removing the driver and replaced it with a more updated driver.

The problem is global across all browsers.

This is not a connection issue whatsoever. My speeds are fine and I should be able to run multiple 4k TV's on this line alone. My last 10 consecutive speed tests were all in the 480 to 500 Mb range.

Any thoughts or ideas?

I'm even afraid to hit the "Submit New Thread" button.

Have you tried testing the streaming capability while running a live Linux OS? If it works running that, then you have an issue with your Windows 10 system.

https://www.lifewire.com/create-uefi...nt-usb-2202084

I was in the midst of making a flash drive while trying to get this page to refresh. I read your mind.

Ok, sorry it took so long. I had to make a custom live boot flash drive and then I couldn't figure out why it wouldn't boot from the machine (had a phone plugged into the usb3 so it was throwing crazy errors). <--That took me 2 hours to figure out because of where the client pc "hides" the phone inadvertently sometimes. Custom Linux due to the video card in play wasn't cooperating. So after that was all done I did run it and it did run "ok". After some hefty testing in Linux, it seems to be a data path connection somewhere. Unsteady. The speed tests came out fine because they were short and quick while the data tests in Linux were not and offered more information. I had found it to be failing on the Tx side so I have swapped cables and this has had no effect. I cannot move the host machine closer as it's built into a desk so that's not an option. I did change ports on the router which did have some effect. It did improve. It's not great but it is better.
    The errors on the tests are far less as far as the loss.

So I guess the questions yet to follow up with are..
    Could this possibly be a failing router?
    Would a firmware change on it help?
    Could it be this machines card? (RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller).

Changing out for an 8 port managed switch tonight to see if that changes things. Really going to have some upset people about this one losing the wireless, for now anyhow.
    Will post back.

It could be a router issue. A firmware update might help, no guarantees though. It could be a bad Ethernet card/port, or it could be a bad Ethernet cable. Is the cable custom made or a stock one? There are only 2 approved wiring orders for the cable ends:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_5_cable

After all that, it has turned out to be the router. I have replaced it temporarily with a Netgear GS108T managed switch paired with an old Linksys wireless G router I dug up until Friday. Unfortunately, I cannot get out sooner for a new router due to extremely harsh sub-zero weather here (-40's with the wind and worse tomorrow). Good brush up on the cables though jdc. I remembered most of it and started to just skim until I started hitting spots I had long forgotten. Yes, it is a custom cable too and the firmware update/changes didn't make any difference. Not 1 port was functioning correctly.

Everything but the wireless functions as normal. Problem figured out and half-solved until Friday
    Thanks.

Thread Information