EUDORA Mail Problem

Thread: EUDORA Mail Problem

EUDORA Mail Problem

Greetings;
    It's nice to be back on here with all of you nice ppl. And a big thanks to those of you that were helpful during the year 2018 & past. Greatly appreciated, I learned a lot.
    I was hoping to start the new year problem-free but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. I happen to get a new PC for my birthday, & right off the bat, I'm getting this problem:
    I use Eudora for my email & when trying to install it onto this new PC, it wants to install it onto a destination folder called: H:\_EUDORA~1\EUDORA~1.9 instead of a C:\ folder. If I use the browse function to search the C:\ folder, it is nowhere to be found. I have installed the Eudora program on other PC's running Windows 10 & have never encountered this before. I even copied the entire folder from another PC, & placed it in the appropriate location in the new PC to no avail. I knew that that wouldn't work because it leaves out what goes into the registry. But I thought that might be a start.

Hopefully someone has an answer. Thanks...
    Where there's a will, there's a way

UPDATE.....I'LL have to apologize, I did not pay close enough attention> I did manage to find a solution after all. However, I do have another question: I have to use Microsoft Edge in order to log into this forum. If I try to
    use FireFox as in the past, it cannot be done. This way is fine except for one problem, I cannot drag & drop the URL of this page or any page for that matter, onto the desktop> MS Edge wont allow it..Bummer….

Edge is junk. Also, Microsoft is going to replace the code in Edge with the same code base that is in Chrome, so who knows what will happen then. You could use Internet Explorer instead, although you will need to create a Desktop shortcut for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x23if8iO_14

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3...n-windows.html

I use Firefox to login, so I'm not sure why you're having problems. What do you mean "it cannot be done"? Try clearing any cookies for virtualdr in Firefox and try again.

Thanks guys; I will try your recommendations & see what happens. What I meant by: "it cannot be done" is the problem like others had when nobody could log in. I don't like Edge either. Hopefully, I can get Firefox squared away...………..

That problem had nothing to do with Firefox.

I believe I have fixed the problem. Hopefully it'll stay that way. Thanks once again..........

There used to be a program whereas one could bring up the registry & delete a particular entry by gathering them all at one time rather than having to do the F3 search & remove. I have forgotten the name of that little program. Does anyone know of that program??

Registry cleaners are usually not needed, although they can sometimes be useful for removing registry entries that are causing problems. CCleaner used to be the one recommended, but the latest versions have problems.

https://www.howtogeek.com/361112/her...d-of-ccleaner/

Using Regedit to find and remove entries is probably the best method these days.

Other options:

https://www.pcworld.com/article/1499...y-cleaner.html

Thanks jdc2000; for the tips. Have been using Ccleaner for years. I'm surprised that it lost its rank. It was pretty much considered the flagship of cleaners.

It probably still would be if the owners hadn't decided to do what lots of other software owners have done to make additional money.

Thread Information