MP4 lip sync

Thread: MP4 lip sync

MP4 lip sync

What ho one and all,

I have saved a TV show with many, many episodes to my HDD as mkv files. Since they are larger than I want, I have also converted to mp4 and burned to DVD.

As mkv, the lip sync seems fine, but as mp4 on the DVD, it is all over the place. Some files are OK, but most I have to +/- by a significant number of milliseconds.

Apart from use the audio advance / retard control with MPC, is there a way to actually sync the file automatically? Alternatively, if I convert again, how do I obtain lip sync?

Thanks

Rex

Off by a few milliseconds? I'd say that is pretty good for the conversion that you are doing. There is no way to get they sync perfect automatically that I know of.

Significant number, not few! Sometimes it is around + / - 800. But it is really difficult to find which direction to add / subtract.

But why would the mkv be generally more than OK but the mp4 all over the place? I understand that a subtitle files is inserted and and sometimes is hard coded so cannot be removed, so why is the audio file also not hard coded correctly?

That is less than 1 second, so while it is noticeable, it is not that significant. You are compressing the video significantly, but you can't really compress the audio to match exactly, which is why the adjustment controls exist.

Thanks for your answer. May be one second is not 'significant' but it is a b***h to find which way to adjust.

Currently running one around +800 but some episodes run on 0.

Thread Information