Laptop cursor is gone crazy

Thread: Laptop cursor is gone crazy

Laptop cursor is gone crazy

I have an HP laptop Windows 10. Out of the clear blue my cursor started not letting me control it when I am for instance wanting to scroll down a web page. This is extremely frustrating. I have to hold down my left button and move the cursor myself slowly. Otherwise, it races down the page and I am not able to look at things at my leisure. I should have added that I am using the touch pad.

I went to settings for it and it looks as if it is set correctly. Can you please help me fix this?
    Last edited by Msbsgblue; January 13th, 2019 at 01:39 PM.

I may have this resolved will know later.

I've gotten cat hairs blocking my light beam. Did you find the same?

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Sorry for bringing back an older thread.

I also have an HP laptop running Windows 10. I only brought this thread back to life in case someone does a search and ends up with this thread hoping it may help them if they have the same problem.

In my case my HP laptop mouse will have a mind of its own. Mainly when the room is very cool (I set the thermostat down at night during the winter). I will "wake" up my laptop and all of a sudden (I have a touch screen) I get impressions at the top of the screen which activates what it "impresses" as though someone is touching my screen with their finger and the browser takes off to where it was pressed as in a finger triggered a link that it pressed on. This will happen like every couple of seconds almost none stop. It was driving me nuts and made me think someone hacked my laptop and was pressing on the screen virtually. You could actually see the impression on the screen each time but it would be in the exact same spot each and very time.

If this is happening to your HP laptop then just press the power key quickly and put the laptop to sleep. Wait a few seconds and wake it up again and you should be fine. Until I found this little trick by accident I was rebooting my computer each time which took a long time. Hope this helps someone.

Sorry moderators, I figured this little hint may help others with the same problem that the HP laptop seems to experience. It seems the OP of this original thread did not revisit and give the solution, if there was one.
    Last edited by question2012; March 18th, 2019 at 07:30 PM.

Thread Information