[RESOLVED] jpg attachments with OE6

Thread: [RESOLVED] jpg attachments with OE6

Resolved [RESOLVED] jpg attachments with OE6

What ho one and all,

OK, I know I am a Luddite (as is my wife) with XP /sp3 and OE6, but they work so why change.

Until recently, my wife's OE6 would display jpg attachments with MS Photo Editor. Now, she just gets an error message "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed." I assume the MPE is therefore not installed.

However, it is installed. It shows in Cnt/Alt/Del as a running program but there is nothing. The program is not opening, just a tab in the bottom tool bar. I have reinstalled but the same. I have set jpg to open with MPE, but nothing, just the program name at the bottom.

What is happening?

Toodle pip and thanks
    Last edited by Rekusu; January 5th, 2019 at 01:42 PM.

Are you trying to open it within the email or after you save it to the drive?

Save it to the drive and right click and select OPEN WITH... Try all the options that you see.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Both and neither work. MPE show on the task bar and as a running program in Task Manager, but does not actually open at all.

Changed the default 'Open With' to Paint and the attachments do open. Reinstalled MPE but still the same issue. Found a relevant reg fix but that has done nothing. However, before running the reg fix, I wanted a System Restore point and guess what? SR opens with a blank box; nothing, zilch; no options to create or restore.

May have to restore from an Acronis image file if I cannot find the problem.

Think I have finally solved the issue; RTFM dummy! Page one of the manual.

At some point, my wife must have hit the Minimize button rather than the close button. So every time she has tried to view an OE photo, MPE has opened minimized. when I selected Max, the photos all open correctly.

Dohhhhh!

Thread Information