Picture Conversion

Thread: Picture Conversion

Picture Conversion

I use Microsoft Outlook for my email because I can synchronize it with my Visor hand held. When I receive photographs via email on Microsoft Outlook in JPEG form, I cannot save them directly as JPEGs. If I right click on the picture and click "save picture as" the only option is as a bitmap. I first have to save it to my desktop and convert it to JPEG before storing it in my picture folder. That's kind of a pain.

However, if I get that same JPEG file on Outlook Express, I can right click it on and save it directly as a JPEG. Is there some setting I could change in Microsoft Outlook that would allow me to save the JPEG file directly as a JPEG file without going through the hassle of converting it from bitmap back to JPEG? I want to stay with Microsoft Outlook.

Have you considered a third party software for conversion purposes. Try Irfanview.

www.irfanview.com

Even if it doesn't do exactly what you are looking for, it is a great program to have if you are going to be working with pictures. Right now it is still Free.

------------------
    R.G.

IrfanView is a great program as you pointed out. In fact, that is the program I use to convert from bitmap back to JPEG. I'm trying to eliminate that step, however, and don't understand why I can store JPEGs from Outlook Express without that extra step, but can't on Microsoft Outlook. After all, they are both Microsoft programs. Then again, maybe that explains the inconsistency. Any other suggestions?

might contact compguypete ,moderator on the ME forum.. he uses the visor.. maybe an app to install. mach

------------------
    Tip#23: Tip #22.dll has caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown>

Thread Information