[RESOLVED] LG Recording Error Message

Thread: [RESOLVED] LG Recording Error Message

Resolved [RESOLVED] LG Recording Error Message

I have a 2007 tv 50" plasma model 50PC1DRA-UA and when I try to manually record a program and go through the scheduling process when it says "select how often" I get this message. "Recording conflict tv guide on screen time and host time mismatch". I tried looking for a solution and only found this. "With the remote control select menu and then dvr". After selecting "menu" there is no "dvr" to select. Any idea how to select the dvr or other solution? I also tried unplugging the tv for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. No luck. Thanks

Is there a place to set the local time on the TV? If so, check that. This should not be necessary since the programs are time coded though. Also, check to make sure that the guide is set for your location.

The local time is correct. I don't know what "guide" means.

The "guide" is the on-screen programming guide source that is used to select programs to record. There should be a way to set the programming source that you are using. If you are using over-the-air, cable TV, Dish, etc., there should be a way to tell the guide service what area or regional programming you are receiving so it knows what shows you will be receiving and when.

Thank you! Then it also is correct.

You could see if there is a firmware update for the TV. If not, it may be time to call LG for assistance.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize V D would answer questions about T V's or I would have asked before. I have contacted LG and did a chat with them. They basically didn't give me any help than I hadn't found out before and recommended repair shops here in Portland Oregon. When I called them they were rather hesitant about working on an older t v and were not sure if it could be fixed. It was working fine until one day I got that error message. I was hoping for some setting correction I could make. I will just live without the feature. Thanks for your help!

Have you tried unplugging the TV for a longer period of time? I had a samsung and an RCA from around the same manuf time frame as your LG and I had to leave them unplugged for at least an hour to factory reset them. Try two hours and see what happens.

On my RCA you could also turn off the TV and then hold the power button down for 30 seconds to reset the whole thing. Maybe check the owners manual for something like that.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I have done the hold down the button thing. I will try the two hour thing at your suggestion and let you know. Thanks!

Unplugged the tv for 5 hours. No luck.

RESOLVED LG Recording Error Message

According to the manual on Sonys website, do a "power reset", I guess that means remove the batteries and start over. Mine had that error message and I had to return it to the homebrew guy to fix.

Thread Information