Mkv to mp4

Thread: Mkv to mp4

Mkv to mp4

What ho one and ll,

I have a 24 episode TV show as mkv files and would like to convert to mp4. The files play just fine as they are, but neither Handbrake or Freemake Video converter do anything.

Currently had FVC running for 15 mins and still reads 0%.

Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

You would think!!! The show concerned is 24 episodes. Load all episodes into VLC, hit the Convert/Save, select mp4 and I get a 'Streaming' message. Assuming it is converting even one episode, it is all done in around 3 minutes. Seems too quick and when checking the output folder, it is empty.

The strange thing, other mkv have worked well in Handbrake. With this season, I load the episodes into Handbrake, hit Add to Queue and receive a message that I have to scan form Source and start a job before I can add to the queue. I have already loaded the source files but annoyingly, they are not seen by HB.
    Last edited by Rekusu; December 10th, 2018 at 12:38 PM.

Have you tried converting just one file at a time in VLC or Handbrake?

Have you tried any of the online converters?

More links:

https://videoconverter.wondershare.c...kv-to-mp4.html

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...31.rOLtGvZ8BA0

Yes to VLC and it runs the mkv in around 3 mins, says Streaming but the output folder is empty.

Yes to Handbrake and for whatever reason, it is not recognizing the file. Click start and am told that I must scan from the Source but I have already done that. However, with another mkv file in HB, it all works, so I don't know what it is about the particular mkv files that are having a problem.

No, not tried an on-line yet.

What version of Handbrake are you using?

What codec are the mkv files using? Open an mkv in VLC, then go to Tools > Media Information.
    On the Codec tab, Stream 0 should be the video stream. Then you can compare that to the "working" mkv files.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the replies and advice. Have not tried the VLC / Media Info idea, but did find that in the case of two seasons of the show, there is just one episode that was causing the glitch, particularly when that episode was part of a queue.

So between converting in batches of two and downloading another version of the whacky episodes, I have now converted all to mp4 and can burn to DVD, which was the purpose of the excercise.

Rex

Now trying to convert another mkv to mp4 with either Handbrake or Freemake Video Convertor. FVC does not respond at all and Handbrake tells me to scan the file first, which having done, shows as the Source but there is no info in the Title / Chapter section.

Some other files do show the Chapter and Title. VLC Media Info also show Stream 0 for the those the HB will not load and other files that are fine.

Got me beat! Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rex

Thread Information