FaceBook

Thread: FaceBook

FaceBook

What ho one and all,

Wow, managed to log into VirtualDr with my old p/w and u/n, twice in two days. Progress!!!! Also, this thread is in the wrong section?

I am a social media Luddite and for whatever reason, hate FaceBook; don't really want anything to do with them.

But I have been advised to join one of the FB groups to try and access a part I need for my car.

If / when i can find the part and want to leave FB, how do I know that my u/n, p/w and any other data will be deleted other than my e-mail address listed as unsubscribe?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekusu View Post
    What ho one and all,

Wow, managed to log into VirtualDr with my old p/w and u/n, twice in two days. Progress!!!! Also, this thread is in the wrong section?

I am a social media Luddite and for whatever reason, hate FaceBook; don't really want anything to do with them.

But I have been advised to join one of the FB groups to try and access a part I need for my car.

If / when i can find the part and want to leave FB, how do I know that my u/n, p/w and any other data will be deleted other than my e-mail address listed as unsubscribe?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex
    Why not search the net for a forum about about your car. I did that for my new to me Jeep and found a helpful site that advised me on how to get parts for it. So much better than joining FB, yuck. I too hate anything that place offers or doesn't offer.

If you still need to join facebook set up a burner/fake account using a fake name and throwaway email account. That's what I've done. I created a gmail account just for the occasion, signed up to facebook and can still log in when I need to for work to view band pages without being nagged to log in or having the page obscured. You can abandon the email acc't when you're done.

And you're right about what's actually deleted when you disable the account. Nothing. They keep all the info forever but just make it invisible to the public.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Actually, that's what I did when the kids said I needed a way to keep in touch with them, only gmail is my main email now (long story) so I used hotmail which I never to go. It's my throw away account. The rest is all fake, fake name, fake place of living, fake every thing.

And I can still log in. Are th log-in issue resolved.

Thanks for the FB ideas. Will investigate other options and if push comes to shove, create a FB burner a/c.

I have registered with a a couple of car breaker sites, but nothing yet. It make is more difficult when requesting a specific colour. But then I could fit myself rather than have it sprayed.

I would say you being across the big pond, having access to certain vehicle forum sites is a bit different than here, we have sites for Ford and its sub vehicles, Chevrolet and its sub vehicles, and Chrysler, and its sub vehicles. Then you have what I call the odd ones, KIA, Hyundai, Subaru, Honda, Volkswagen, etc.

Thread Information