Asus routers

Thread: Asus routers

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back

Asus routers

What are you all's thoughts on Asus brand routers? I know they have a new one coming out but checking prices on that one is way, and I mean way out of my budget range. I've looked at Netgear, which is also out of my budget range today, and Linksys (I've used in the past, but not aware of their capability now days), and TP-Link (I'm not enamored with).

I found this one at Newegg, that's just the right price I can afford to buy today, and I've abandoned the extender idea in favor of a router. See my other thread over at Sysopt.

There is an ethernet cable in my living room, I can hook the router to that, then wifi off that to my desktop and get it up and running this next week, instead of having to wait until January if you think this router would work until I could afford something better or I win the lottery.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16833320341

Asus makes pretty good routers. Netgear is my go-to brand right now. Linksys is owned by Belkin, and I was never a fan of Belkin. I don't see to many TP-Link routers around here, but they seem pretty good for the price.

I've never used the model you linked to, but it seems like a good budget router.
    https://www.mbreviews.com/asus-rt-acrh13-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Asus makes pretty good routers. Netgear is my go-to brand right now. Linksys is owned by Belkin, and I was never a fan of Belkin. I don't see to many TP-Link routers around here, but they seem pretty good for the price.

I've never used the model you linked to, but it seems like a good budget router.
    https://www.mbreviews.com/asus-rt-acrh13-review/
    I'm glad I didn't buy a Linksys then because I already knew Belkins were bad. The horror stories I've read about that brand kept me away.
    The Asus is on it's way to me, probably won't ship until Monday though but I did pay for 3 day shipping and faster processing this time. I ordered memory from them two weeks ago and it took a week and half to get here because I didn't opt to pay the extra for shipping.

Linksys was already going downhill before Cisco sold it off to Belkin in 2013. D-Link used to be pretty popular too, but I hardly see those anymore.

This is the main site I go to for router reviews and comparisons: https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/

Thanks. Got it bookmarked.

I bought the Asus but didn't need it. Now I'm stuck with it until I hear from PayPal because Newegg screwed up. See my thread on extender at sysopt.

Ah ok. I hope you're able to return it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Ah ok. I hope you're able to return it then.
    Me too. If Newegg ever emails me with an order number, I ask for a refund. Otherwise I'm not paying for it. Not after what they did or didn't do, more to the point.

Thread Information