[RESOLVED] New issue front USB not working correctly. Error code 43
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] New issue front USB not working correctly. Error code 43

Resolved [RESOLVED] New issue front USB not working correctly. Error code 43

I have uninstalled and rebooted, no luck. This only happens with my flash drives. Any other peripheral is fine. Controller, mouse, keybgoard, etc... It's just flash drives. I have tried many makes, models and sizes all with the same results. All my other equipment works just fine though.

Any ideas?

Ross

What OS is it? What is the make/model of the computer or motherboard?

Where are you seeing the error message? Device Manager? Did you try removing/uninstalling the device from Device Manager and allowing it to be redetected?

Did you try removing/uninstalling the USB Host controllers? There maybe be more than one.

Did you try updating the USB chipset drivers?

Yeah sorry about that. Windows 10 pro x64, Board is a GA 970a-d3p rev2
    Device manager shows

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

When plugging in any flash drive a pop up says
    "USB device not recognized, the last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it"

Chipset drivers are updated.

Again, any controller, mouse or keyboard works fine though.

Did you try removing/uninstalling the USB Host controllers? There maybe be more than one.
    What about the USB Host controllers? Remove them from Device Manager and then allow Windows to redetect them.

Chipset drivers are updated.
    Is that for the motherboard or the USB controllers? They are 2 separate things.

OK I just found out, it seems to be a conflict between the usb 3.0 ports on the board and the usb 2.0 ports that are ran to the front. When I uninstall the USB Host Controller for the 3.0 USB the front ports work just fine. reads the flash drives and all but the 3.0 acts like the 2.0 did. Yes the drivers have been installed, uninstalled, reinstalled etc.

Hmm. That's really strange. I've never seen a situation like that. Was the BIOS updated to the latest version? Are there any settings in the BIOS that might affect the USB ports?

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    GA 970a-d3p rev2

I had that board, and had nothing but trouble with the USB 3 ports. It finally died. I bought a different model next time.

Ok, I have run through every bios option on the usb's to no joy. Very upset at the moment here. I'm going to try to shut off usb 3.0 support for fun and see.

Could it be the since the front USB port is part of the case, that has stopped working? It might not be the board at all but a case problem. Is the case new or a reused one?

Hmmm, I don't know. I do know I have a 3 1/2 drive bay usb set I can plug in to check (duh). I'm going to do that right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashalon1 View Post
    Hmmm, I don't know. I do know I have a 3 1/2 drive bay usb set I can plug in to check (duh). I'm going to do that right now.
    Sounds like a plan. At least you should know whether it's the motherboard or the case USB cable that's the problem.

I had one go out on an older case I revived to use with that motherboard. But then that motherboard died too. I just finished a new build with a new motherboard and new case.

yep. It's bad usb's. I wish I could track this part down, the type that stacks on one another. I like this case.
    It's a short somewhere because I can move the cables a little and it works. Meh. Controller for my games works fine for some reason.
    Last edited by Ashalon1; December 14th, 2018 at 01:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashalon1 View Post
    yep. It's bad usb's. I wish I could track this part down, the type that stacks on one another. I like this case.
    It's a short somewhere because I can move the cables a little and it works. Meh. Controller for my games works fine for some reason.
    Sounds like it's time for a new case. Mine was a well known brand too, which was why I was disappointed when the front ports stopped working.
    Have you considered contacting the case's manufacturer and see if you can get the whole part that fits in the front? It'a worth a try anyway.

I actually found one from a different case that fits! How lucky can one be? It works as well. It''s from an older gateway but it does hold the usb 2.0 standards and fits perfect. Pure luck picking through my pile.
    Celebration time

Does the older Gateway have the USB3 on it as well? Or were you just trying to get your USB2.0 working again? Either way, I'm glad you found something that got you back working again, without having to spend for a new case.

My new case has two USB2.0 and two USB3.0 on top of the case.

Thread Information