Too many log in attempts - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Too many log in attempts

Foxy - if you can post in this thread you can post anywhere... Don't be bashful.

It could be MONTHS if then before we get the issue resolved.

Well,well,well. After spending many days & hours to get back on this forum, I finally made it. But for how long???
    I had to change my user name [3 times now] and use another person's computer. If I try to log on with any of my computers, I get the :"failed log-in wrong user or PW, wait 15 min. to try again" message. it seem like my computers are harboring all the retries.
    I try to delete anything the refers to virtualdr. to no avail.
    Like the others here, I have been a member for ages & have received much much help over the years & that means a heck of a lot for an 85 year old. I would hate to see the forum go but if it does, I want you all to know, it has been a pleasure & privilege to be a member of this forum. If I don't make it back, HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all.

BTW, I can still read the forum even if I cannot log on.....................

And Happy Holidays to you too!

This whole login issue has been very annoying and frustrating for all of us mods as well. No idea when it may get sorted but as suggested the simplest way to keep logged in is to not log out and don't delete any cookies.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    The short version is that this issue is here to stay. The two helpful tips:

Do Not Log Out.
    Do Not Change Your Password.
    Some people are getting lucky by creating another account... That will continue to work as long as you don't log out or kill the cookies that store the login information.

It is very true that if you don't log out, you can still stay connected. Unfortunately for me, I will have to sign out as this PC will be somebody else's & I have run out of email addresses to re-register on my systems. Once you have used an email address to register, you cannot use it again. I have even used up my wife's email addresses.
    If one can ever figure out how to clear addresses logged into virtualdr data base, then one could re-register under a new user name. of course, one can create a new email address but in my case I have too many already ( I will however, continue to read the forum in the hope that somebody will find a solution...................

I created a couple of anonymous aol.com email accounts for exactly these sorts of things. Pretty easy and fast to do. You don't have to use them for anything else unless you want to.

Thank you fink; for the info. As noted, I am back in the run with just a few minor changes.

Foxy again. I've used all my 5 emails and made 2 more.

Firefox, and here's the problem:

You can get on only with a new UserID and email. It doesn't ask you to stay logged in, that's only with a later login. If I step away from the computer for awhile, it logs me off.

I don't know what IE I have, because they've removed the menu bar and made it totally unusable. I tried replying now on IE, and they said I'm not logged in.

I have several current threads going here, but I'm not planning to make an 8th email address. The other 2 forums I use haven't been fruitful. Got any suggestions?

Foxy here

Edit: I have IE 11.

Can you login to the same username with a different email address?or will it still be seen as an error? I'm afraid to log out to try.

No, each email address is linked to it's own username.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    JOE85/Razor.. I will pass this on to our admins. As I said above hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    I have had to create a new account, same issues as all of you have had, i just created the account, and wonder if you have some information or i could share some that you would like to have via pm? It's not tech related, but an acquaintance i made here several years ago. my user name was egdufwollamhsram1851 if you'd care to pm me if that feature still exists

After reading these again, i don't know if i want to come back, i reported the security issue a year ago, but went un noticed, has any one heard from Train recently?

The issue was resolved just now.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Thread Information