Too many log in attempts
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Too many log in attempts

Hybrid View

Too many log in attempts

I hope it is OK for me to post this here. I have been a member of this community for nearly 20 years and have always been appreciative of the help I've gotten. I tried to log-in this afternoon to post about a problem my son was having with his laptop, but when I did, I immediately got the message that I had to wait for 15 minutes because of too many failed log-in attempts. I had not been to this site for probably six months or so and had only just then tried to get access. I waited for at least 30 minutes, came back and got the same message. I use LastPass for my passwords and have never had this problem. I created a new account so I could log-on. Also, why do I get a red "Not Secure" in the url bar? I have never seen this before on any site I have been to. Thanks for any help you can provide.

This is a site glitch that we all have been experiencing, mods included. The owners and admins of the site are working on fixing it. Please hold tight as we all have been and it should be fixed in short order. In the meantime do wait a few hours or a bit more and retry.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thanks for the response, fink. My PC has been acting so weird these past few days, especially my browser not opening stories I click on and very slow boot up times, I just wondered if this was just another troubling symptom. I have run all the usual virus and malware detectors with zero results, but as I mentioned, my son was also having issues with his laptop. Not sure what to make of all this.

I have been having this problem for months. Tried to register with new name and p/w, but of course, am told that the e-mail is already in use. Of course it is, it is the only one I have.

Today, new g-mail address and new Vdr registration, up and running, but for how long?

Why does my u/m and p/w that I have always been using, always throw up the 'Too many log-in attempts' on the first attempt?

It helps if you stay logged in and don't delete the VirtualDr cookies. It is annoying and hopefully will be fixed sooner than later.

JOE85 Guest
    Hello: I am presently logged on as JOE85 my real username is Razor of which I have been a member since 1999. For the last 3 days I have not been able to log on regardless of what user name I used. I kept receiving the same message as Ronman189. When I tried to reach the forum management team, I could never get a reply at my original sign on email address. I finally used a gmail address & got a reply that stated the reason I could not log on was because someone with an IP address of 10.200.96.9 was trying to log on & causing the time out. This would happen on any PC I was using & also happened when using my cellphone as well. I shut down my router, dumped Firefox, cleaned the registry, & was finally able to log on using a laptop going wireless. A real nightmare!!!
    Anyway, can someone help me get my Razor username back. I would really appreciate it. And I apologize for the long post.............

JOE85/Razor.. I will pass this on to our admins. As I said above hopefully this will be fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    JOE85/Razor.. I will pass this on to our admins. As I said above hopefully this will be fixed soon.
    I have had to create a new account, same issues as all of you have had, i just created the account, and wonder if you have some information or i could share some that you would like to have via pm? It's not tech related, but an acquaintance i made here several years ago. my user name was egdufwollamhsram1851 if you'd care to pm me if that feature still exists

This is still driving me crazy. I've been using a lesser site for tech help :-( I had to pretend I had forgotten my PW here, and finally got back in. :-( I'm just keeping the tab open.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

The short version is that this issue is here to stay. The two helpful tips:

Do Not Log Out.
    Do Not Change Your Password.

As Razor mention, he is being assigned IP address of 10.200.96.9 . Problem - ALL Users are being seen as using that "Internal" IP Address. If one fails to log in - we all fail.

The longer version has to do with VirtualDr and a few of it's Sister Sites being sold to new owners back in February 2018. The new owners are no where to be found and the old owners can't help.

I'm Foxy, here since 2002, got in with a new ID. I didn't log out, but was logged out when I switched tabs. Any help from the new owners yet?

Ability to edit posts is gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    The short version is that this issue is here to stay. The two helpful tips:

Do Not Log Out.
    Do Not Change Your Password.
    Some people are getting lucky by creating another account... That will continue to work as long as you don't log out or kill the cookies that store the login information.

I'm Foxy, here since 2002, got in with another ID. Any help from the new owners yet?

Any help from the new owners yet?
    No. Could be a while. As I recall you need a certain no of posts before you can edit so that's not part of the ongoing login problem. I think it's five but I could be wrong.

Thread Information