Windows 10 Log-on problems?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 Log-on problems?

Windows 10 Log-on problems?

Whenever I setup my Windows 10 to bypass the Log-in & lock screen to go directly to my desktop, it will work fine for a month or so & then it goes back to having to view the lock screen plus the Bing.com associated pictures,etc, & then I have to click my user name in order to get to my desktop. I had set it up originally with an SSD drive in order to speed things & these boot-ups slows down the boot-up & or the wakening.
    Is there a way of resolving this? Also, my wife has a new pc that she has to enter a pin number every time it wakes up. I would like to fix that also. Unchecking the "user must enter a password to use this computer" does not cut it. Thanks for any info.............

When you set it up to by-pass Log in did you do it this way?

Hit the Start button, or press the Windows key, type netplwiz and then click the entry at the top of the list of search results. If you're feeling old-school, press the Windows key and R to bring up the Run dialog and execute the same command.
    In the list of usernames that's displayed, select the entry for your account (if you see more than one that appears to be yours, opt for the one that's an Administrator). Uncheck the option labelled 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer'.

When prompted, enter your password -- for what will be the last time -- confirm it, and then click OK. That's it. Once you restart your computer, you'll be automatically logged into your chosen account.

As for the PIN:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts.
    3. Select Sign-in options.
    4. Look for PIN. Since you have already created a pin, you should be getting option as Forgot my PIN, click on that.
    5. Now click on Continue.
    6. Don’t enter the pin details and click on Cancel.
    7. Now check if it works
    Please do not use "PM" for personal help, post in forum so everybody can learn

Thanks Murf ; thanks for the instructions. They were very precise. However, the pin detail did not work. When I got to the: "Don't enter the pin details", there was no cancel option. I could only X it out & unfortunately, it didn't work. And regarding that Bing.com page that precedes the log-in, is there anyway of dumping that & perhaps removing Bing entirely? Thanks for your time ...........
    Where there's a will, there's a way

I have also that type of issue thanks Murf for the tip.

Thanks jdc2000, The BING issue still persists. Microsoft cannot seem to find it on my pc, yet it's there. I wonder if I searched the registry if I would find it & would it be safe to delete if found?
    As for the pin number, I have no issue with mine but nothing seem to work with my wife's new pc.

Viola, I finally got my wife's pin problem fixed. [at least for now] Now if I can just dump BING. Thanks for all the info, greatly appreciated...........

Post a screen capture of your "Bing" issue so we can see what you want to get rid of.

Bing is a search engine : Bing.com. Every time my pc wakes, I get the Lock screen pic, I click that, then comes my sign in screen, I click that, then comes Bing.com with a full page of pics etc, I (X) that & finally I get to my desktop. Basically, I need to get rid of Bing.com. So far, I have been unable to do that........

OK, that explanation helps. What you are getting is a web browser page with Bing.com

To get rid of that, you need to check your startup items and eliminate the Edge (or other web browser ) item.

Possibly useful links:

https://www.tenforums.com/performanc...s-startup.html

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...grams-3615075/

Thanks jdc2000, I'll try those links this weekend...

So far everything I have tried has failed to find any reference to Bing on my PC. In checking all the startup programs, there is nothing showing the lock screen nor the Bing.com I have disabled Microsoft Edge, but it makes no difference...............

UPDATE;
    I think I may have resolved the problem. I went into the registry & deleted Bing.com & then shut down the pc & restarted it & it went directly to my desktop, so I'll see what happens when it sleeps & awakens......

DOWNDATE ) I was wrong, it did not work! When I awakened the PC, it went back to the same old routine. Back to the drawing board...................

Forget about the Bing.com part of the issue. The web site could be any site. It is the web BROWSER loading that you need to look for and stop. Which web browser is Bing being loaded in? Post a screen capture of that window if you can't tell. It is probably Edge, but we can't be sure without more info. Also, look at your startup programs and post a screen capture (or more if needed) of that list.

Thread Information