"Failed to read data from the disc" using Acronis

Thread: "Failed to read data from the disc" using Acronis

Threaded View

"Failed to read data from the disc" using Acronis

I use Acronis for backups and today I received the above message on my Dell laptop, same machine I had to reinstall the system on about 6 weeks to 2 months ago. The laptop is less than a year old. I took a screen shot of the whole message and will attempt post it as an attachment. I clicked on the attachment link when I was on the site earlier today and all it did was open up a blank screen, which disappeared when I closed it. If I can not add it as an attachment, this message tells me the sector it can not read and suggests I run the check disk utility to correct the issue and make a backup of the disk. When I clicked on this message to close it, it opened another window with a different sector listed, and then another sector. I closed the whole Acronis window at that point so I do not know how many sectors it may have found.

I downloaded the latest Dell Check Disk utility and it ran all the checks it does and indicated there was no errors to report. What suggestions do you have?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information