Garmin Express
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garmin Express

Garmin Express

Win7SP1
    .NET Framework 4.7.2

I have a freestanding GPS by Garmin. There's an update and additional maps called GarminExpress.exe. It's supposed to install on your computer, then upload to the USB of the GPS.

If I run one that's a few weeks old I get this error:
    Attachment 14867

If I run a slightly newer one, I get this:
    Attachment 14869

Neither will install. I chatted with a techie at Garmin, but she was worse than clueless.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Thanks, but those either don't work or are irrelevant. The link for older versions is dead.
    I've already tried the sites cited here that still work
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/10-web...ions-software/

I DID try to run AS ADMIN.

I think it's a Windows Installer problem, but I just did a Repair Install last week. In my 2nd error, the most recent, the setup isn't seeing my .NET Framework. Are there newer versions of Windows Installer? Maybe it's because I can't install the latest rollup (?)
    Last edited by foxy; October 28th, 2018 at 06:55 PM.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I D/L 6 older versions from here,
    https://garmin-express.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
    but they all give me the 2902 error.
    Last edited by foxy; October 28th, 2018 at 07:09 PM.

Did all of them, but no results. I have no problem installing anything else.
    My Installer is v. 5.0.7601.24195, and testing appears to show it's healthy.

I'm also going nuts over the superbug at this site. Let me know if light bulb suddenly turns on in your head.
    Last edited by foxy; October 29th, 2018 at 04:31 PM.

It may be time to try another call to Garmin. Maybe this time you will get a tech support person that has a clue. Ask to be escalated to a second level tech.

For the VDr site issue, if you are referring to the login issue, check the box to stay logged in. The reason for the issue has been identified, the actual cause is under investigation.

I checked the box to stay logged in, didn't work.
    Will go back to Garmin. Thanks.

If checking the box to stay logged in did not work, you may have some software or setting that is deleting your cookies.

Not at all. I have this site white-listed with a permanent cookie. I still have to login each time with my PW manager.

If you have to log in each time, something is messing with the cookies. I have no issues when I check the box to stay logged in. Try a different browser as a test.

I'm back, at least temporarily. I'm in the process of clean-installing another Win7 machine, and I'm planning to make that my main computer. Should solve the issues I still have with this one despite recent repair install.

Could you translate "MFC headers and libraries" for me? And I already installed it from my 2nd computer.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Another you shouldn't have responded to Foxy, he's a spammer and no longer with us.

Duh. I had no way of knowing that. What was he advertising?
    Last edited by foxy; December 22nd, 2018 at 12:26 AM.

Thread Information