Monitor on Lenovo oAll-In-One Will Not Sleep?

Thread: Monitor on Lenovo oAll-In-One Will Not Sleep?

Monitor on Lenovo oAll-In-One Will Not Sleep?

My wife has a Lenovo all-in-one computer & lately the monitor will not turn off or sleep. I've tried various settings to no avail. I wonder if there is something that I'm overlooking ?? Thanks for any advice.......
    Where there's a will, there's a way

Can you get the screen saver to activate if you set one up?

You could try making sure that the Lenovo drivers (from Lenovo) are installed or re-install them.

Make sure she closes un-needed apps that do things like check for email.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

This PC just crashed with the blue screen when I tried to access this forum. Rebooting seem to resolve the issue. I haven't had that happen in years. Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll check those things out for her....

I have a serious problem that I cannot seem to resolve. I decided to buy my wife a new all-in-one pc & do an overhaul on her old one later. The new one has Win10 & I have it pretty well all set up.
    We use CenturyLink for our email. I am supposed to go to Centurylink.net in order to setup an email address. When I try to link to the URL, I get tons of all sorts places trying to get me to sign up to them
    & I cannot dump them so as to have the century.net page. I thought that maybe it was something to do with the new pc, however, I tried it on my own personal pc, & I get the same thing.
    One cannot go to a designated URL without have a dozen or more piling in & actually covering up the site that you want to connect to. Is this something that Windows 10 is throwing at us now??
    Is there any solution?? I had my personal pc (win10) setup so that it would boot directly to my desktop without any stops. Worked fine for months. Now its back to the old routine of first the lock screen, then sign in, then desktop. What the h---is Windows doing to us?????

Time for a MalwareBytes scan.

Thanks for the reply jdc; I've run Malwarebytes & all is clear. I also use Avast & same thing. I never have this problem using windows 7. I'm having the same problem with my cell phone. You do a search for one single item & you're flooded with all sorts of junk stuff crowding out what you originally searched for. I don't know, maybe its the changing times with the internet. I never had that problem in the old days. Maybe it's just me........?

What search engine are you using? If it is affecting your phone also, are you using WiFi or the cellular connection? If WiFi, your router may be compromised. Check the DNS settings and/or proxy settings.

Thanks jdc, for that advice. I'll see what I can do about that. DNS & proxy settings are pretty much greek to me. BTW, is there anyplace on this forum where one can discuss email settings pop & port settings??
    Reason is; Ive been using Eudora email client for over 30 years & my ISP has recently upgraded their server settings thus making our email client invalid. They don't support the Eudora client. Thanks much for your time!!!

Regarding the last message; I finally got the problem solved . However it took perseverance & many calls to various agents through the US.

I assume that you are referring to the Eudora problem. Even though it is "unsupported", if you are still using POP3 e-mail, it should work with the proper settings, if you can find out what those settings should be.

For the popup spam web site issue, post the make and model of the router you are using. Also, what wireless security method are you using? You should be using WPA2, as WEP and WPA have been hacked.

Thanks jdc, yes, the Eudora problem was solved. Of all the Centurylink support agents (a dozen or more), an agent in Iowa helped me resolve the problem. As for the router ; a Netgear Nighthawk 8500 [I believe], I am going to have to put that issue on the back burner while I set up my wife's new computer in her office. BTW, her old one which is a Lenovo all-in-one of which has a 1tb HD. After several years of use, she never put no more that 86gb of stuff on it including the OS (windows 10) . I want to take the computer & install a perhaps 250 SSD drive. The only concern I would have is to how to retain the Windows 10 credentials. The OS came preinstalled on that PC. Thanks again jdc..............

You should check for a firmware update for that router. The symptoms you described could result in all of you connected devices either becoming infected, or in your personal information (logins credentials, etc.) being stolen.

Have you tried different web browsers on each device? You need to find out why you are getting unwanted popups on your devices before connecting a new and uninfected device to your network.

On your Windows 10 credentials, are you using a Microsoft login or a local user account?

[quote] On your Windows 10 credentials, are you using a Microsoft login or a local user account?

I believe at the time, I set it up as just a users account. I have removed the HD & have cleared all except the folder containing windows. Am awaiting to purchase the SSD drive, as my transportation is down.
    Regarding the router, you are indeed right about getting firmware updated. At the present, I have so many irons in the fire, I don't have the time to get it done. But I will, just as soon as I can squeeze in some time.
    I really don't have anything on my network system that a hacker would want anyway. Thanks again jdc. Have a great day!!

Thread Information