how to get around a browser problem..

Thread: how to get around a browser problem..

how to get around a browser problem..

I have firefox mozilla installed on two PC's both windows 10 On my laptop I can go to YTS.ag and bowse and pick downlaods .. no issues no virus related issues and all is good ...

My other PC with win 10 and Mozilla the moment I land on YTS.ag I get a pop up stating my PC is infected please contact such and such number etc etc ..

Both PC's have the same virus program installed and whe nI run fixme stick on either PC it comes up clean no malware

So I know this is just a 'browser related malware' only It is set up to set the warning when a PC without something activated is on that IP address...

.. but why one PC no issues the other not? answer: one of the PC's have something activated and one doesn't ..

trouble is I don't know what this is to activate or deactivate ..?

Ideas answers ??

thanks
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

Any add-ons on the one Firefox instance with the bogus popups?

Have you tried the same thing in Chrome or Edge or any other browser? What results do you get?

Thread Information