Unable to log-in

Thread: Unable to log-in

Unable to log-in

What ho one and all,

I know this will raise the hackles; running XP with Firefox 38 ESR and generally, all works well. Happy with FF38 as some of the add-ons I use do not run with the newer versions.

However, recently, I have been unable to log-in to a few web site, VirtualDr being one of them. UserName and Password, returns a message that one or the other is wrong and I have used my three attemtps, wait 15 mins to try again. But every time, the same. Two weeks aog, no problems.

Likewise japantimes.co.jp. Usually, I can access any article (no log-in required) but when I have done around five links, I am locked out. No worries, restart FF38 (to clear the cache)and can read another 5 articles. But not now; locked out from the get-go.

I reinstalled a FF profile from when all was working, but even that does not seem to be running the way it all did previously.

Yesterday, I tried to access Vitural Dr running XP / SlimJet as the web browser and all was OK; this morning, the same p/w and u/n is wrong message.

This is being written from a W7 / FF45 computer that is only used for file and TV viewing, and no problems.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex
    Last edited by Rekusu; October 19th, 2018 at 07:15 AM.

The issue with Vitural Dr and a few of it's Sister sites is weird and unique to other sites...

Short version - Do NOT change your password.... Wait ten to twenty minutes and or try later to log in.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Also, check the box to stay logged in.

Thanks for your replies. I usually don't chekc the Remeber Me box but did just now, and I have managed to log-in on my XP / FF38 machine. First time in X days of trying.

See how it works on the morrow!

OK, logging-in to Virtual Dr is still working correctly but www.japantimes.co.jp is not.

I am not a subscriber and the home page is fine; clicking on a headline link reveals the entire article. However, can only do that a few times before lockout. Now, locked-out every time. Of course, they could have changed their policy but usually when that happens, there is some some of warning (Your OS in not compatible etc.)

Thread Information