[RESOLVED] multiplexing a incoming stream to a secondary network

Thread: [RESOLVED] multiplexing a incoming stream to a secondary network

Resolved [RESOLVED] multiplexing a incoming stream to a secondary network

I have a closed caption system that will send out captions over a IP and UDP port to a single location but I would lke to multiplex it to other locations. right now I have the caption hardware sending it to my Ubuntu server on port 10010 but I would like to send this along to a secondary address off network .

currently I grab it using
    socat -lf /dev/null udp4-listen:10010,reuseaddr,fork stdout >> captions.txt

so... my question is how can I take the incoming packets and record them to a text file and than send them out of my ubuntu server to a another network solution on the same or different port?

Quote Originally Posted by jaisonmorgan View Post
    I have a closed caption system that will send out captions over a IP and UDP port to a single location but I would lke to multiplex it to other locations. right now I have the caption hardware sending it to my Ubuntu server on port 10010 but I would like to send this along to a secondary address off network .Rufus MapQuest UpToDate

currently I grab it using
    socat -lf /dev/null udp4-listen:10010,reuseaddr,fork stdout >> captions.txt

so... my question is how can I take the incoming packets and record them to a text file and than send them out of my ubuntu server to a another network solution on the same or different port?
    my issue has been solved thankyou so much community

Thread Information