[RESOLVED] multiplexing a incoming stream to a secondary network

Thread: [RESOLVED] multiplexing a incoming stream to a secondary network

Resolved [RESOLVED] multiplexing a incoming stream to a secondary network

I have a closed caption system that will send out captions over a IP and UDP port to a single location but I would lke to multiplex it to other locations. right now I have the caption hardware sending it to my Ubuntu server on port 10010 but I would like to send this along to a secondary address off network .

currently I grab it using
    socat -lf /dev/null udp4-listen:10010,reuseaddr,fork stdout >> captions.txt

so... my question is how can I take the incoming packets and record them to a text file and than send them out of my ubuntu server to a another network solution on the same or different port?

Quote Originally Posted by jaisonmorgan View Post
    I have a closed caption system that will send out captions over a IP and UDP port to a single location but I would lke to multiplex it to other locations. right now I have the caption hardware sending it to my Ubuntu server on port 10010 but I would like to send this along to a secondary address off network .Rufus MapQuest UpToDate

currently I grab it using
    socat -lf /dev/null udp4-listen:10010,reuseaddr,fork stdout >> captions.txt

so... my question is how can I take the incoming packets and record them to a text file and than send them out of my ubuntu server to a another network solution on the same or different port?
    my issue has been solved thankyou so much community

You can use the iptables “tee” command to do just that, if the other server you wish to send the duplicate packets is on the same Ethernet segment / broadcast domain.

You’ll need to do some destination NAT on the receiving server then to change the dest IP to its own (in Linux you can use iptables REDIRECT on input).

Thread Information