Recovery ID entry Win 10

Thread: Recovery ID entry Win 10

Recovery ID entry Win 10

I have a Dell laptop and a few days ago when I booted it the message on boot up was it would try to repair the system and when that failed, it reinstalled the system. My Acronis backup got my data back and then I decided to activate the Acronis Recovery System so I might use it if this happened again. The next boot up I get the message that I need to enter the Recovery Key ID as something had changed. I did not get the details in my shock. I have that Recovery Dey but the keyboard does not enter the letters, only the numerals. How does this get entered, or is there another key I need to look for? The one I have is "Recovery key ID: E05678A7 and goes on from there. Thanks for your assistance.

If that is an Acronis recovery key, you may need to contact them to figure out why the letters are not being entered when you type them. You could try connecting a USB keyboard also, but that may or may not work.

It came up when I activated the Acronis Recovery Partition and I could get into the program but I did not want to restore or reinstall at that time, so just exited. When I rebooted the same message came up again. I had this same Acronis partition on my other laptop but that one never crashed. Anyway, I decided to deactivate the partition from within the Acronis window. So when I rebooted the next time, the operating system loaded without a problem. One reason I do not think this is an Acronis recovery ID is that the Recovery ID came with the computer, not with Acronis. I really appreciate your help. It took me several times to login. I kept getting the message I had an invalid ID.

OK, that would be a Dell Bitlocker Recovery ID.

Links:

https://www.google.com/search?source...31.JjdIoLCCA90

For the login issue, see this link:

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...19#post1540319

Thanks for replying. I have had trouble signing in on this site. I use RoboForm and Edge or Firefox. I click on the RoboForm link to sign in and it brings me to the site and fills in the data, the site will open and immediately do something, not sure what because the screen changes so rapidly I do not know what is there. Then it reopens telling me I have used all my logins incorrectly and I must wait 15 minutes to login. I mention this here because I want someone to know of this issue and I logged in manually to make sure I could get in. My even changed my username and logged in with a different email address because with my first username, with the correct password it always said I had used all my login tries and must wait 15 minutes.

I will look at the links you gave but somehow I found a way to bypass that Bitlocker ID. I have the code, but never found a way to enter letters, only numerals. I will open another conversation with a second problem I just had trying to backup the drive.

Thread Information