[RESOLVED] Stop Chrome auto-updates

Thread: [RESOLVED] Stop Chrome auto-updates

Resolved [RESOLVED] Stop Chrome auto-updates

I use Chrome (blecchh!) only for work, and I need to control when Chrome updates and screws up all my settings. I turned off the Google Update in Services long ago, but it doesn't work. Chrome site says to use User>Group policy editor, but I'm vague about where to find that. Somewhere in mmc, but I never use that without precise instructions.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Thanks. I couldn't login last night to thank you, but I PMed the admin and it's been fixed.
    I use the registry fix, adding the key because it wasn't already there.

I sometimes wonder what your database of fixes looks like. Thousands of links referenced and cross-referenced in an Excel sheet?? Updated automatically daily?
    Last edited by foxy; October 12th, 2018 at 01:06 AM.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Glad you got it fixed.

I sometimes wonder what your database of fixes looks like. Thousands of links referenced and cross-referenced in an Excel sheet?? Updated automatically daily?
    #1 is knowing what search terms to use in a Google (or other) search.

An Excel sheet or database would take most of my time to maintain. Updated automatically - that would be a dream.

I do have thousands of articles filed and saved. Organizing those takes up enough time.

Thread Information