Preserving a Restore Point

Thread: Preserving a Restore Point

Preserving a Restore Point

I'm trying to get the machine in perfect shape and then make a Restore Point, but

If I turn off System Restore, Windows will relinquish the space and I'll lose the Restore Point (right?)
    If I leave System Restore on, Windows will eventually overwrite the one I want to keep.

So how do I preserve the one I want?

Thanks - rev

If I turn off System Restore, Windows will relinquish the space and I'll lose the Restore Point (right?)
    Yes.

If I leave System Restore on, Windows will eventually overwrite the one I want to keep.
    Yes. You cannot create a permanent restore point. Once you use up the allocated hard drive space, the older restore points will be overwritten. You can increase the System Restore space to hold more restore points, but that's about it.

So how do I preserve the one I want?
    You can't. You should make an image backup, like with Acronis True Image or Macrium Reflect.

There's no way to copy a restore point out of it's location and put it back there when I need it? Just a question, I'll probably do what you suggested with Acronis.

Thanks!

There's no way to copy a restore point out of it's location and put it back there when I need it?
    No, you can't.

Bummer!

Thread Information