WIFI Security Camera vs Router

Thread: WIFI Security Camera vs Router

WIFI Security Camera vs Router

I have an IP WIFI camera that connects directly to the router (through WIFI), not NVR or POE. If I view the live video from phone or PC, standard resolution, everything is fine. However, if I view it in HD, then the picture is like slow motion or skip. If I connect two cameras, they are even worst.

The cameras are Duaha 2K resolution. The router is Archer C9 | AC1900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router.

Is there a setting in the router that I can tweak? For video streaming? I am guessing it is more related to the router than the cameras because my brother have the same cameras at his home and everything is fine, with the same settings on the cameras.

I have also read this thread and it seems like an extender might be a solution.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...amera-question
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

The usual rule with wireless extenders is that they cut the speed in half, so even if the signal is better, the speed won't be. I would test the camera using a temporary Ethernet cable to see if the issue goes away. If it does, then you know you have a speed issue. If it doesn't then something else is the problem.

Thank you JDC.

I ended up returning the system.

A tip to those who are looking into a cameras system that is wireless. Get one where the nvr has built in wifi so the cameras go to the nvr, and not the router. The nvr will connect to the router for remote view.
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

Thread Information