[RESOLVED] Chrome and IE certificates

Thread: [RESOLVED] Chrome and IE certificates

Resolved [RESOLVED] Chrome and IE certificates

It is weird.

Watching video and going to sites have been normal until 5 days ago. Since 5 days ago, both IE and Chrome have been giving me errors like this for www.cyberlink.com:

Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.cyberlink.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

This has caused not being able to install Adobe Flash and streaming properly for other sites.

Since it is consistent in both IE and Chrome, asking for certificates, is it something in my OS or ISP? I have restored images in Virtualbox several times but still not working.
    Originally wanted Millenium Falcon as nick but there is character limitation.
    Falcon Speed = Millenium Falcon = Light Speed

More information...

So, on the Virtualbox Windows 10 64 bit, Chrome and IE are working fine. Same PC.

It is the Virtualbox Windows 7 32 bit, Chome and IE have stopped working since 5 days ago, even if I restore them. And when I said stopped working, it is being able to going to site without requiring certificates and watch adobe flash videos.

Any ideas?

What versions of Chrome and IE are you using? Did you manually update Adobe Flash? If so, what version of Flash are you using.

BTW, the link you posted was for http. Did you try https://www.cyberlink.com ?

Hi Midknyte,

Window 7 (Virtual):
    IE is 11 (32-bit).
    Chrome is: Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Window 10 (Virtual):
    Chrome is: Google Chrome is up to date
    Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Yes, I did try https://www.cyberlink.com in Windows 7 (Virtual) and this is the result:
    Your connection is not private
    Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.cyberlink.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
    NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

The weird thing is that I made a clone link (another instance) of the Windows 7 about a month ago. That one is still working fine. But the other instance of Windows 7 (restored of the virtual) is the one that is coughing up.

I heard Google Chrome did something lately where it only accepts SSL but same issue is happening with IE. It still doesn't explains the Window 7 instance from a month ago still works as well as Windows 10 but the restored virtual of Windows 7 is not working.

Strange. Did you try clearing the cookies?

Did you install all the Windows updates?

Yes, I tried clearing the cookies too.

Here are some articles about the SSL in September 2018 which I think installing Chrome, did something to the Internet Options of Windows 7. Again, Windows 10 works fine.

I have tried to add the site to Internet Option>Security Tab>Trusted Site> and also cleared the SSL state under the Content tab. That did not work.

I found a temporary solution at this location: https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-...google-chrome/

It fixed Chrome but IE is still not working properly. I am sure this is probably not recommended but it proves something did happened with certificate in the last 5 days even when restoring the virtual images.
    "C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" -ignore-certificate-errors

So my question is, the virtualbox instances (clones) that have not been restored, they are working fine. When restoring, does this mean that Chrome is doing something to the SSL for Windows 7 Internet Properties?

MidKnyte, this update did the trick. I restored all of my images and it seems to be back to normal again. I wonder if I need any other updates? Why all the sudden this was needed?

Support for urgent Trusted Root updates for Windows Root Certificate Program in Windows
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=45588

Are these all of the updates after Windows 7 SP1?

https://dimitri.janczak.net/2017/06/...ed-kb-3125574/

Still would like to know why all the sudden now need all the updates. Do you think it has to do with the Chrome article above?

I don't think that's all of the updates. There are quite a few, even before the new cumulative rollups.

The Chrome "trick" was just ignoring certificates, so it wasn't an actual fix.

Thread Information