[RESOLVED] what does this mean?

Thread: [RESOLVED] what does this mean?

Resolved [RESOLVED] what does this mean?

https://adssettings.google.com/whythisad?reasons= Then a page full of random script of letters and numbers.
    This has twice came up on the screen of my wife's Ipad with it asking for to be opened.
    Does anyone know what this is, she panicked and just shut the ipad down. We also had someone try to connect to our smart tv through Bluetooth from a virgin media account from a Lenovo2 tablet ,we think it might be a weird neighbour
    trying to hack into our network. We changed our Sky broadband password a few days ago when the attempt was made on our smart tv, but with this script sent to the Ipad today it's a bit more worrying.
    Also forgot to mention the icon's on my Laptop's Desktop are all blank on startup and take a while to show.
    Can someone advise us on this Thanks.
    Samsung NPRF511 Notebook, Windows10 Home Premium 64bit,SP1, IntelCoreI5-2450m CPU@ 2.50,Ghz or 3Ghz with Turbo Boost technology 8.0gb,ddr3 Ram, Intel HD 3000 Graphics.

Did the random no's look something like this?.. see pic below. That's what the displayed URL looks like when you want to comment/complain about an ad on a webpage to google. It's their way of identifying the specific ad and location etc.

When I click your link above I just get the generic Google complaint/personalization page with no added random no's etc. If it happens again take a screenshot so we can have a look.

It would not be related to someone trying to log/hack into your smartTV.
    Attached Images Attached Images

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

My wife didn’t, complain about an ad she was playing a game when this popped up on her screen twice
    Here’s a screenshot....
    6A0E6169-84AC-42F9-9531-66A34701578B.jpg6A0E6169-84AC-42F9-9531-66A34701578B.jpg

That does look like the address of a google ad. I don't know why it's popping up on it's own though. Perhaps others here may be more familiar with ipads than I am and can offer a suggestion. Sometimes ads can be infected with malware but what the implications of that on an ipad are I can't say for sure.

Good thing, though, that it is an ipad which are far less susceptible to malware than Windows products.

Will someone give more advice on the ipad problem on this thread or do I need to go to another one.
    Also is it possible to find out who tried to connect through blue tooth as there was a vigin media network name which I wrote down when it happened we didn't have time to take a snap shot though, it also said it was a Lenovo tab 2 but we didn't get the full model number.Thanks

Leave it here. If someone who has more experience with MAC operating systems sees it they will answer here.
    One thing you can do in the meantime is if those games are being played on a browser install an ad blocker, that might stop those messages/ads from appearing.

You can turn off Bluetooth if you are not using it for anything.

Possibly useful links for the Bluetooth issue:

https://www.imore.com/how-prevent-un...e-configurator

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5079294

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads...puter.1534868/

For the laptop issue, I would suggest running a scan with MalwareBytes to see if anything is found.

If you are not using Bluetooth on the TV for anything, there may be a way to turn that off also. You would need to check the user manual for that, or post the make and model of TV here.

On the iPad ad issue, I could not see from the screen captures what options were displayed. Most ad servers contain malware as well as improperly formatted ads that can cause various error messages or bogus windows to display. Powering off the iPad and re-booting should dump any potential malware before it can install anything. Of course, you should make sure you have installed all available OS updates as well as watching for unusual behavior or symptoms.

iPad antimalware info:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...30.gZCfEAwy6Gc

Malwarebytes was clean, TV Sony Bravia KD55XE8596, have switched Bluetooth off.
    Ipad ad issue only had option to open but I just shut it down for a while and it was gone and never came back again.
    I would just like to know if the person who tried to get in through Bluetooth can be traced from their Virgin Media network number as I use
    Bluetooth headphones on the TV and don't want my listening interrupted when using them.
    Thanks for the Ipad antimalware link

It is unlikely that anyone attempting to access your TV through Bluetooth will have transmitted any identifiable information. However, Bluetooth is short range. Under IDEAL, PERFECT conditions, you might get a 300 foot range. In practice, if you get 30-60 foot range you are lucky. Anyone trying this will have to be that close, so start looking around for anyone suspicious.

My weird neighbour in flat above me is only about 10 feet away and I know he is definitely a Virgin Media user, should I complain to VM,
    or to SKY who are my service provider.

Complaining to either of those two companies would likely be a waste of time. I don't think they would have any interest. You could complain to the local constabulary, but they would want proof and chances are they wouldn't be interested either. Unfortunately, Bluetooth rarely has much, if any, security built in. You could check the TV manual to see if there is any Bluetooth security, or check with a Sony customer service rep (who may or may not know).

ok thanks for all advice

There may be a firmware update available for your TV. If there is, it may or may not address any Bluetooth issues, but would still be worth checking out.

Possibly useful links:

Who's watching your TV? Sony quietly killed three critical Bravia TV bugs

Owners of a Bravia smart TV should check it has the latest firmware updates, which patch three bad security flaws.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/whos-w...ravia-tv-bugs/

Thread Information