Computer Woes

Thread: Computer Woes

Computer Woes

My computer has been acting really strange lately. My keyboard does not want to communicate with my computer every now and then, Yes, the little plug in thing is real close to my wi-fi so I know it is getting a signal. I have bought 3 new keyboards and right out of the box I have this problem.
    My computer does not want to play some videos. Sometimes they play if I switch browsers, sometimes not.
    My computer lags sometimes.
    I have Windows 10 - 64 bit with a quad core processor. It has always been fast enough and accurate until my grandson downloaded some games on it.
    I have reformatted multiple times and recently installed a new 1TB hard drive.
    Does anyone have any idea what could be going on with it?
    Thank you DeLoris

What is the exact make and model of the keyboard?

Yes, the little plug in thing is real close to my wi-fi so I know it is getting a signal.
    If you mean it is a wireless keyboard and you put the USB receiver near the computer's wi-fi, that could actually be a problem. Wireless keyboards have problems with USB3 ports sometimes, so use a USB2 port for the KB if available.

I have Windows 10 - 64 bit with a quad core processor.
    Again, give us the exact make and model of the computer. It's harder to help you without details.

My computer does not want to play some videos. Sometimes they play if I switch browsers, sometimes not.
    Which browsers are you using? Which videos or websites won't play?

One other thing to check is the disk usage. If your disk usage is constantly at 100%, you can try this fix:
    https://www.partitionwizard.com/part...indows-10.html

Thank you for replying. I have an Acer: Model W475MK System information is attached.Computer Info.JPG

I don't see any Acer W475MK listed. Please double-check the model number.

AOL Desktop Gold? Are you actually using that or not? It seems to be using a big chunk of resources.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with disk usage.

I'm sorry here is my Acer Model: ASPIRE M3470G
    Yes, I am using AOL Gold. Nothing I am using is new. Only the problems I am having are.

That computer originally came with Win7.
    https://www.cnet.com/products/acer-m3470g-uw10p/specs/

What is the make/model of the keyboard? I would plug the USB receiver into a USB2 port (black), not the USB3 port (blue).

I'd stick with Google Chrome. I'm not an AOL user, so I can't really help you with that. Chrome should be able to play most videos. If you have a problem with a specific website, post the URL here.

The next time your computer lags, check the Task Manager and see what is using up resources. It's hard for us to help without specifics.
    You could also check Event Viewer and see if there are any errors.

Thread Information