[RESOLVED] No longer able to open photos with Microsoft Editor

Thread: [RESOLVED] No longer able to open photos with Microsoft Editor

Resolved [RESOLVED] No longer able to open photos with Microsoft Editor

Why is it that I suddenly can no longer open any of my photos with the defaulted Microsoft Photo Editor ? I can only open them using Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I know I did not make any changes to any settings.

I am using Windows XP Pro with SP3

Please help !!! Thanks.

Can you provide more information?

Exactly what happens when you use Picture and Fax viewer?

Are you double clicking a JPG? Have you tried opening the Picture or fax viewer first and then clicking 'File / Open'?

--TB
    The only barrier to knowledge is the perception that you already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBound View Post
    Can you provide more information?

Exactly what happens when you use Picture and Fax viewer?

Are you double clicking a JPG? Have you tried opening the Picture or fax viewer first and then clicking 'File / Open'?

--TB
    All my photos are in jpeg format. Usually, when I double click on a photo, it opens. Not I have to right click on a photo, then properties from the drop down menu and select Open With.... and then select Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. That became the default setting for all the other photos as well. Then when I double click on any photos, they open in Windows Pictures and Fax Viewer.

If I change the properies to Open with...and select Microsoft Photo Editor, and when I double click on any photos, they won't open. Nothing happens even when using File/Open as you suggested.

Hope this helps

Try uninstalling and reinstalling MS Photo Editor.
    Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSparks View Post
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling MS Photo Editor.
    Hi SuoerSparks,

I trust you are well. It's been quite awhile.

After a bit of searching, I found it as part of MS Office. I thought it was part of Windows ?? Anyway, I tried what you suggested, but still does not work

OK, so just to clarify, MS Photo Editor will open from the start menu. When you click File / Open and navigate to your pics, nothing happens. Correct?

Since this is part of Office, did you perform a repair on the Office installation? What version of Office are you using?

--TB
    The only barrier to knowledge is the perception that you already have it.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...001145487.aspx
    Microsoft Photo Editor has been discontinued as a Microsoft Office component as of Microsoft Office 2003.

Really ? I've always use Office 97 without any problem. Still using it even though I now have MS Offce 2007. So where is MS Office Editor now ? Part of Windows Vista or Windows 7 now ?

Quote Originally Posted by TropicalBound View Post
    OK, so just to clarify, MS Photo Editor will open from the start menu. When you click File / Open and navigate to your pics, nothing happens. Correct?

Since this is part of Office, did you perform a repair on the Office installation? What version of Office are you using?

--TB
    No, it doesn't open also from Start menu. I have deleted NS Photo Editor it and reinstall it as SuperSparts suggested

Did you go to the link i posted or not?
    It has been replaced by Microsoft Office Picture Manager. While Picture Manager is primarily a file management tool, and not an editing tool, it does have some image correction and editing features.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Did you go to the link i posted or not?
    No I didn't. Sorry. I overlooked that link on your original message. I've visited it now. Thanks.

UPDATES:

Firstly, I just noticed I typed your name wrongly in my earlier reply, SuperSparks. Sincere apologies.

I managed to find out what happened after doing various trial and error. It was not MS Photo Editor was not opening. It's just that it was minimised when open and all that is needed to do is to right click on the minimised icon that I noticed appeared on the task bar each time a photo is double clicked and select maximise.

Sorry for troubling you guys and thanks for your suggestions and help.

PICNIC

Problem In Chair, Not In Computer.

Hello,
    PhotoViewerPro program is the best photo editing software. you can use it and make your best photo.

'Bout 7 years late there buddy.

Just saying ...

Thread Information