Wired cat 5 internet connection - no problem,,.. wireless to laptop and smart phone using the router- no problem.. wireless to PC no connection.. If I create hot spot from my smart pho en to wireless PC no problem.. I have done all the resets for win sock reboot reinstall WiFi software.. no connection wireless .. but again another hot spot from iPhone 7 to same Belcan wireless USB connection plug - there is a connection..

In my network settings for the PC it shows mine and all the neighbors wifi names .. & mine is 5 green bars but will not only not connect But I can't get it to the stage where I have to manually type in and enter the password on two lines .. its not there & can't get it to produce the ''forget this'' network..

I can remove the network name of the wifi (from router to) manually from PC, but as soon I reenter the name- fresh .. it won't then ask for a password ..
This is what I think is wrong .. if I reboot off the PC into windows 10 the same wifi works for windows 10 but not for windows Xp.. yet windows XP works with m y smart phone ..

crazy right ?

getting ready to reinstall windows XP .. ( only because we love Outlook express 6)

Ideas ?