This is a typical page in a document containing many:

Nothing fails like a Prayer

This can be proven with a simple experiment. Find a worthy amputee and set up a prayer group to pray that his or her missing limb will be regenerated. Nothing will happen. Some say there are too many variables that cannot be known, to determine why prayer doesn't work, such as:

• Insufficient reverence on the part of the person praying
• Inadequate warm up prior to the praying
• Whether it's more effective inside a church or outside
• Is the size of the church important?
• If the praying more effective if a Christian prays inside a Buddhist temple, or vice versa?
• Is prayer more effective during the Christmas season?
• Does the physical posture of the person praying play a role in its efficacy?

I've given the slug line or title of the topic ("Nothing fails like a Prayer") a Heading level of 3. This makes it show up on the left of the page as a clickable link, thereby forming a table of contents.

But there are some pages where I apply the Heading Level 3, the color and the bold, in exactly the same way as other pages - but they do not show up on the left side, even though everything I can think of is exactly the same as the topics that do appear.

Can anyone suggest what I might be missing or a pre-requisite condition that I might have missed? I've removed the conditions on other title lines and put them back with success, but the ones that don't work can't be made to work no matter what I've tried.

Thanks - rev