Can't get into my BIOS since Acronis 2018 install

Thread: Can't get into my BIOS since Acronis 2018 install

Can't get into my BIOS since Acronis 2018 install

Since installing Acronis True Image 2018 I can't get into my BIOS. I disabled Acronis Startup Recovery Manager but that didn't do it either. I just cannot access Boot Menu or BIOS, period. I intend to transfer my C drive to a new SSD. But if I can't boot from DVD I don't think I'll be able to. When I ran Startup Recovery AcronisTI didn't recognize any of my USB drives, which is where I've been storing my backups. Help!

Art

What is the make and model of your computer?

What version of Windows is installed on it?

Sorry about that. Gigabyte P55 USB3 mobo, i5 cpu, 24g RAM, Win 7 Home Pro 64, nVidia GPU. I uninstalled Acronis and got back access to BIOS. I've set my boot order to DVD first, as I plan on installing a 1TB SSD and will need Acronis boot disk. I downloaded the latest Acronis 2019 and will install that and see how things go. I've never had this happen in eight years using Acronis but I suspect it has to do with Startup System Recovery taking over the F11 key. I'll see how it goes after installing the new Acronis. Thanks!

I have a similar Gigabyte motherboard as you on one of my desktops and run a slightly older version of TI. To get into the bios I have to quickly and repeatedly tap the Del key as it boots because the BIOS boot screen speeds by so quickly it's barely visible. It's just a quick flash. Most of the time I can catch it and boot into the BIOS but occasionally it needs to be repeated.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I have plenty of time to tap the Delete key. I've tried various methods, tapping repeatedly, holding it down, etc. My older versions of TI never gave me this problem. I wonder if another key has been assigned and I just haven't figured out which one.

Have you tried asking directly in the Acronis TI forums?

https://forum.acronis.com/forum/acro...age-2017-forum

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

What happens if you physically disconnect the HD first? That would prevent Acronis TI from booting. Just to make sure that it is actually Acronis TI causing the problem, and not something else.

I successfully did a full recovery onto the new SSD. I still can't get into BIOS by tapping the DEL key. I visit BIOS infrequently, but it is an odd situation. I'll try disconnecting the HD later, as I'm exhausted by days of work with Acronis. When Acronis recovers via the boot disk it assigns different letters to various drives. If one doesn't know this it would be very confusing. I was prepared and everything went smoothly.

Thread Information