What Computer Adjustments?

Thread: What Computer Adjustments?

What Computer Adjustments?

I changed my wireless phone services to a different provider and now my computer will not accept email messages from my phone service. I asked my phone service to check my phone. They said phone ok that I needed to adjust my computer but I did not know what they meant. They said i told you about that earlier. I don't remember what they said and since it is not a problem with the phone they had no more interest in my problem. Does anyone know anything about what I need to set up or adjust my computer? I take pictures with my phone and send to my email address to save etc. been doing this for years but with different wireless phone service my email address will not accept the pictures . Weird but true. If any one can help it will be deeply appreciated

What email provider do you use (GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, ISP's e-mail, etc.)?

Do you get any messages about blocked e-mails, or spam?

Have you checked your spam folder, if there is one?

Is your antivirus or anti-spam software blocking the pictures?

You may have to white list the new cell provider, but without knowing what e-mail provider you use on your computer, we can't provide instructions on how to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    What email provider do you use (GMail, Outlook.com, Yahoo, ISP's e-mail, etc.)?

Do you get any messages about blocked e-mails, or spam?

Have you checked your spam folder, if there is one?

Is your antivirus or anti-spam software blocking the pictures?

You may have to white list the new cell provider, but without knowing what e-mail provider you use on your computer, we can't provide instructions on how to do this.
    Thanks jdc2000 for your response. i tried using my Fast mail and my Runbox accts and tried sending email or pictures to different email accts. none went through. So I am back to my wireless provider who said i would have to adjust my
    computer. I hesitate to name my wireless provider for fear of unfairly harming them. They plainly informed me i would have to adjust or something my computer. I thought this forum may have questions of this type problem before

So you are sending email from your phone to your e-mail accounts that you can access from your computer, and none are getting through?

We do get questions like this, but since you did not answer any of my questions, we have no idea of exactly what is happening or what e-mail providers or cellular provider you are using, and without that information there is not much we can do to provide help.

Personally, I would not let some cell phone "tech" monkey mess with my computer. Who knows what they might do to it. If you can get a clear explanation from them as to what needs to be done, that might be useful.

Thanks to everyone I am switching to a different wireless provider this should correct problem.

Thread Information