Changing Desktop Notification background

Thread: Changing Desktop Notification background

Changing Desktop Notification background

Hi everyone! I've looked everywhere for this issue. I'm hoping someone can figure this out.

I've been using desktop popup notifications to let me know of anything such as new emails, gaming and work etc. It always has been white and popups on the lower right. Been like this for years now. I like it in white because it's noticeable.

Suddenly today, there wasn't any. So I turned it on and it is now in black background! I'm so upset. You know how it is, your usual routine is ruined by something so small and trivial. I'm just glad to get popups back but rather not have it in black!

Windows 10 or Chrome must have done an update because I recall them asking me if I want to update now the other day or two and I said no later... I really do hate updates...

There must be a way to put it back to a white background popups. I can't do a system restore because I haven't done that in ages. I should do system restore every so often. Now I am. But nevertheless...does anyone have a resolution to this? *fingers crossed*

Thanks in advance!

Which notifications are you talking about? Can you post a screenshot?

Which version of Win10 are you running?
    https://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how...s-10-you-have/

Thanks for your reply.

The Chrome pop up notifications. I think it's coming from Chrome.

I'm using Win10 Home - I don't see version on there.
    64-bit OS x64-based processor

I can't provide my own screenshot without revealing personal info.
    Screenshot that I found online that looks like this previously:
    Except NOW it is in black background with white text.
    I prefer the way it was - white.

I can't believe I'm the only one that has this issue? I've googled everywhere.
    My popup notifications are black now. I'll accept it if there's no resolution but that pisses me off when something is changed on me without my doing. I haven't changed any settings. Just one day there was no popups so I went into Chrome and turned it on - and it's black.

Okay now I got the 2nd screenshot from game. It's in black now. I posted the first one that's white as an example of what it used to be.

These pop up notifications USED to be in white background...

I think I found the cause of the change. Google updated Chrome.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/8/17...center-support

I think someone mentioned enabling the Native Notifications in Chrome flags. Will give this a try and see if that reverts it to white again.

I posted the link on how to find the Win10 version. There are major changes between versions.

Well, I hope you did find the solution.

Thread Information