Please help me find HP Drivers for older HP laptop

Thread: Please help me find HP Drivers for older HP laptop

Please help me find HP Drivers for older HP laptop

I'm trying to help my friend upgrade his HP Pavilion dv2915nr Entertainment Notebook PC from Vista to Win7 Ultimate. I did a new install, but it is not connecting to my WiFi network. I'm getting a message "no connections are available". Best I can figure, the Network drivers need to be updated(?) I ran a "Troubleshoot problems", but it's not finding anything helpful. I reviewed the Device Manager and the only Exclamation point (warnings) I'm seeing is for "Other devices / Base System Device", which doesn't tell me anything either and the Network adapters appear to be ok (Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection and Marvell Yukon 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller).
    I've tried multiple searches for HP Drivers and only found a bunch of Driver Apps and the HP Site that says: "No software or drivers are available for this product with the selected operating system. Please make a different selection, or visit the product homepage."
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-dv2900-entertainment-notebook-pc-series/3709677/model/3747189?sku=FE990UA

I've spent hours googling and trying everything I can think of.
    PLEASE help!

Suggestions / Help PLEASE

HP does not have any Windows 7 drivers available for that laptop. You may be able to get it working if you can determine exactly which wireless adapter is installed. Software like Speccy might be able to verify the wireless adapter make and model, and then you can try to find a driver on the wireless adapter manufacturer's web site. No guarantees that this will work however.

Another option might be to try installing Windows 10 - that might have built-in drivers for the wireless that will work.

Did you try looking for the Intel 3945ABG drivers on the Intel site? You could also try looking for them on a Dell or other manufacturer's site.

You didn't say if you have 32 or 64 bit Windows. You'll need to search accordingly.

As for other devices, you can try PCI-Z to determine what they are.
    https://www.pci-z.com/

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...series/3709677

You will find the drivers here.
    There is also a HP Wireless Assistant available
    Please do not use "PM" for personal help, post in forum so everybody can learn

Thread Information