[RESOLVED] Email won't send...

Thread: [RESOLVED] Email won't send...

Resolved [RESOLVED] Email won't send...

First let me say that I don't like change. I am using Windows Live Email to view about 5 email accounts. I really, really like the way it functions. At least the way it DID function. A few days ago, my Charter email (Spectrum?) quit sending emails. They sit in the outbox, and I get the following error:

An unknown error was returned from the SMTP server.

Subject 'test'
    Server Error: 571
    Server Response: 571 impout005 charter.net NDcuMjUuMjMuMTgz You must connect from Charter IP space. E1110
    Server: 'smtp.charter.net'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC61
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 25
    Secure(SSL): No

I have changed the port to 587 , but it still won't send. I have no issues receiving mail on this account--just sending.

After a bit of research, I found it might be a router issue. Blocking the port?? I'm using a Netgear Genie Wnr2000v3. I switched routers with an older (not Netgear) router to see if it would work, and the email sent just fine. I don't know how to fix this. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it! Thanks!

Since no one responded, I just replaced the router. It happens to also be a Netgear. I'm assuming maybe a router update caused the problem. Therefore I will not let this router update.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    And if had posted this in the Internet forum, you probably gotten an answer rather than networking, which has nothing to do with email.

Thread Information