Resizing for Facebook Cover & Profile Photos

Thread: Resizing for Facebook Cover & Profile Photos

Resizing for Facebook Cover & Profile Photos

Hello,

I have been trying to update my Facebook Cover & Profile Photos using Photoshop 2017.0.1 on a library computer (Win 7, I think). I don't have internet access at home so this is my only option for now. This is what I would like to use for the Cover image
    https://ibb.co/naH9H8

This is what I want to use as my Profile photo
    https://ibb.co/hsMmx8

I know that the Cover needs to be 400 x 150 and the photo that I found on Google probably needs re-orienting to landscape. This photo is of a Vintage Seattle skyline.

For my Profile photo I hope to show one button of my cardigan sweater.

I truly appreciate any assistance. I hope to check back in to the forum either later today or tomorrow so Thaks In Advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “If Ernest Hemingway was going to go big-game hunting in Africa, Hunter S. Thompson wanted to use a submachine gun to hunt wild boar in Big Sur, Calif. He was dangerous, like handling nitroglycerin, and he liked to keep it that way.”

Douglas Brinkley, executor of the Thompson estate

This is a better pic for my Cover photo
    https://goo.gl/images/NBnSL8
    “If Ernest Hemingway was going to go big-game hunting in Africa, Hunter S. Thompson wanted to use a submachine gun to hunt wild boar in Big Sur, Calif. He was dangerous, like handling nitroglycerin, and he liked to keep it that way.”

For my Profile photo I hope to show one button of my cardigan sweater.
    Do you mean that you want the photo to appear as you posted it, or really just the one button only (no face)?

What changes exactly would you need other than a resize of the Cover photo to 400 x 150?

More details would be helpful.

Thanks for replying. I'm a bit out of practice posting on forums. For the b&w Profile pic please resize it so it will look best when viewed with the Facebook app on a mobile phone screen. What I meant to say earlier is to keep the image from the top button on the sweater up to the top of my head. Can you resize the full image as well so I can check it out?

For the Vintage Seattle Cover photo, please resize and sharpen or improve the quality as you see fit. Again, I expect that a lot of views will be with a mobile device.

Thanks again for your time!

The skyline pics do not resize to 400x150 without stretching. However, I found one that might work.

Note that you can use Paint to resize the images. Start Paint, open the image file, click Resize, uncheck Maintain Aspect Ratio, and select Pixels, then enter the size. Re-Save as a new file name.

Not sure what size to change the Cover photo to. I suggest you try using it as is and let us know the results, then we can try to figure out if it needs resizing what size it should be.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks so much. On my home Win 10 machine I use IrfanView to resize etc. I've played with MS Paint a bit in the past. Resizing Facebook cover & profile images was a particular hassle for me because I'd never done it.

I was also uploading somw family photos to Fb and monitoring my eBay sales. Couple all of that with the Library's 2 hour time limit AND another patron's LOUD chomping of potato chips while fondling the bag and my limit was just about reached for the day.

Thank you for your time. I will check everything out tomorrow and report back. Have a great evening.

Thanks for replying. I'm a bit out of practice posting on forums. For the b&w Profile pic please resize it so it will look best when viewed with the Facebook app on a mobile phone screen. What I meant to say earlier is to keep the image from the button on the sweater up to the top of my head. Can you resize the full image as well so I can check it out?

For the Vintage Seattle Cover photo, please resize and sharpen or improve the quality as you see fit. Again, I expect that a lot of views will be with a mobile device.

Thanks again for your time!
    Last edited by 307WRC; July 1st, 2018 at 11:55 AM.

I have no idea what size will look good on Facebook on a mobile phone. You should try the current size and let us know how it looks.

See post #5 for the Seattle photo issues. You cannot sharpen up a photo if it is missing detail to begin with, and the samples you have will change (stretch) the aspect ration so they don't look like they should. Re-check the samples I posted to see the results.

Try those also. They can always be changed later if we find something better.

Thread Information