double view

Thread: double view

double view

After latest update, the site I'[m viewing appears in the main screen, then on the same page, a thumbnail copy appears at the top of the screen. Instance: This post appears on the screen. Right above it, appears the same screen, in more or less a thumbnail replica of the main screen. Would like to be able to have a full screen with no duplicates appearing at the same time. Directions please. Thanks, Jim S.
    Jim S.

If the latest update you are referring to is a Microsoft update, then chances are you are using Edge. If neither of these is the case, please let us know what was "updated" and which browser you are using.

Suggestion: Try a different browser. Use anything but Edge.

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Jim1 View Post
    After latest update, the site I'[m viewing appears in the main screen, then on the same page, a thumbnail copy appears at the top of the screen. Instance: This post appears on the screen. Right above it, appears the same screen, in more or less a thumbnail replica of the main screen. Would like to be able to have a full screen with no duplicates appearing at the same time. Directions please. Thanks, Jim S.
    Yes, Edge. As I write this, the main screen is showing,obviously, and just above it, on the same screen, is the "mini" screen, showing the same information.
    Jim S.

That sounds like it may be the "Preview" feature, another "feature" that nobody asked for but is now enabled by default.

Possibly useful links for disabling it:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...soft-edge.html

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-d...icrosoft-edge/

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-d...dge-windows-10

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-26bebe67891c

If this is not what you are seeing, post a screen capture.

Tried IE just now

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    If the latest update you are referring to is a Microsoft update, then chances are you are using Edge. If neither of these is the case, please let us know what was "updated" and which browser you are using.

Suggestion: Try a different browser. Use anything but Edge.
    For the heck of it, I just typed "internet explorer" (no quote marks) pressed enter, and up came a full page, no mini thumbnails reproductions at the top. But, I don't want to have to type internet explorer each time I want to have a normal, full size page in my browser, email accounts. Jim S.
    Jim S.

That's the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Jim1 View Post
    Yes, Edge. As I write this, the main screen is showing,obviously, and just above it, on the same screen, is the "mini" screen, showing the same information.
    Yes, the preview feature is the problem. Just go to the top of the screen, with Edge open, and at the ^ sign at the top of the page, click, and make selection. All's back to "normal" as Microsoft defines "normal." Probably was engaged during one of the latest updates. I find that updates turn or and off items that have not been selected by the user. Thanks to all, and have a great summer. Jim S.
    Jim S.

Thread Information