[RESOLVED] Recycle Bin?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Recycle Bin?

Resolved [RESOLVED] Recycle Bin?

Where's the Recycle Bin on Windows 10?

I expected it to be on the Desktop. How can I clean out old files and restore deleted files?

Thanks.

To show or hide the recycle bin:

Select the Start  button, then select Settings .
    Select Personalization > Themes > Desktop icon settings.
    Select the Recycle Bin check box > Apply.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/...de-recycle-bin

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I'm pretty sure this was the answer I found online and I'd already tried it without success.

I'll try it again tonight.

Sure enough this was exactly what I tried before. I tried it a dozen more times and it doesn't work. The desktop flickers but nothing new appears.

I still can't find the Recycle Bin.

How can I find it on my PC? Yes I did already try running a search for it.

If you try fink's method a second time, is the check box for the Recycle Bin still checked. If no, then something is unchecking it, which should not be happening. That might mean it is time to scan for malware. If yes, then what happens if you re-arrange the desktop icons?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...on-the-desktop

An important thing to note is that when using this method the recycle bin is shown twice as "Recycle Bin (Full)" and "Recycle Bin (Empty)"

Yes, the Recycle Bin box is always already checked each time I tried this method.

That's why I tried unchecking it and rechecking it to see what would happen. Same negative results.

I'll try rearranging the desktop icons tonight. (I suspect I already tried this.)

Is there any other way to access this Recycle Bin? Then I can just create a desktop shortcut for it.

Sorry, for the late response. For some reason I can't log into this forum at home.

Well the first Microsoft link answered my question and sure enough the answer was very simple.

Go to the desktop and right click and then view, desktop icons. This makes them all disappear, do it again and they all appear. Including the recycle bin!

I realized I was previously going to the desktop shortcut from the start menu. I assumed this was taking me to... the desktop. But it wasn't! The real desktop was of course where it always is on Windows!

Thanks for your help.

Thread Information