Ryzen3 2200G Radeon Vega Graphics issue
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ryzen3 2200G Radeon Vega Graphics issue

Hybrid View

Ryzen3 2200G Radeon Vega Graphics issue

I just built a new system. It has a Asus A320M-K motherboard, 600 watt PSU, 8GB 2400 RAM, AMD Ryzen 3 2200G CPU with Radeon Vega Graphics.
    Windows 10 64bit 1709. After the initial install everything is ok, until I went to Asus's webiste and downloaded the new chipset. When it installed the Vega display driver the graphics became corrupt. I get the screen split in half with the left side looking fine and then on the right side I get a copy of the left but all garbled. The only way I can fix it is to uninstall the AMD chipset. But then I'm just getting the Microsoft Basic Graphic Driver in device manager. Any idea what is happening and if there is a fix for it?

Thank you.
    "If your going to get mad at me everytime I do something stupid, then I guess I'll just have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer J. Simpson

You probably need the AMD drivers for the graphics.

Possibly useful link:

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...g-drivers.html

When I downloaded the newest drivers for the board from Asus it installed the AMD chipset package including the display driver for Radeon Vega 8 graphics.
    "If your going to get mad at me everytime I do something stupid, then I guess I'll just have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer J. Simpson

When I downloaded the newest drivers for the board from Asus
    Download the drivers from AMD directly.
    https://support.amd.com/en-us/downlo...%2010%20-%2064

So I downloaded the software and during installation it said "Installing Display Driver" and then the screen went blank solid grey and that was it no display.

What happens if you reboot it? Do you get the BIOS screen, Windows splash screen, etc.?

I waited for the hard drive to stop any activity and hit the reset button and it came up like before with the split screen. The ASUS BIOS screen looks fine and the first screen with the blue Window and the circle of dots going around is fine and then it flashes off and back on with the dots going around but you can tell it's only half a screen. After I uninstall the AMD software it goes back to normal.

The youtube video is exactly what I did to no avail.
    The Cnet forum doesn't pertain to me as after I install the the graphics driver and I get the split screen I can go into Device Manager and it shows Radeon Vega 8 Graphics listed under Display Adapter. It just doesn't work. The BIOS is updated to the newest which I had to do because thew M.B. didn't detect the CPU when I first got it. Used an older CPU to do that.Then did a fresh install of Windows 1709.

Hmm. You could try downloading the 18.6.1 drivers.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

A quick question. Could the issue be.
    1. I'm using an old 4:3 monitor?
    2. When I look at the display settings it's set to landscape? 1280x1024

1. Yes, if you don't have an available resolution that your monitor can display.

2. Can you select 800 x 600? 1024 x 768? What is your monitor's preferred resolution? You are not using a CRT monitor are you?

It's a NEC MultiSync LCD1763. Using a D-Sub plug in.
    I'm going to try plugging it into my 27" 16:9 monitor with a HDMI cable and see what happens.
    Let you know in a couple of hours after I eat.

The NEC LCD1765 monitor has a recommended screen resolution of 1,280 x 1,024, according to what I have seen.

Does the motherboard have a 15-pin VGA D-Sub connector for video on it?

Yes it has a d-sub, which is what I'm using. I plugged it into my LG 27" LED monitor with a hdmi cable and installed the AMD driver 18-5-1.
    18-6-1 from Guru3d wouldn't work. said it could not detect my hardware.
    Same thing happened. Screen is split in two with left side looking proper and the right is a copy of the left at the top and the bottom is all blurred.
    The only thing I can think of is either the CPU is no good or the motherboard isn't compatible even though I went to ASUS website and it said it was.
    Very disappointed since I heard so much good stuff about the vega graphics.

Thread Information