blinded by white background

Thread: blinded by white background

Hybrid View

blinded by white background

Got recent update in Win 10 Pro, and since my email background is all white, hurting eyes, and so too, is the background to this site. My home screen is black, saving space and wear on the eyes. The update also placed a pic page on my site, with icons to some other ventures. Ok, I guess, but some things were changed, including the all white background feature. Any way to change the all white feature? Thanks, Jim S.
    Jim S.

It depends on what you mean by "all white background". There are various things that might have a "background", like your Desktop wallpaper, the default background for a particular program, etc.

Also, the following is somewhat confusing:

The update also placed a pic page on my site
    If you can tell us what programs or applications have a white background, we might be able to suggest a method to change those. Some screen captures would really be helpful for us to see what is happening.

Radiant white

Quote Originally Posted by Jim1 View Post
    Got recent update in Win 10 Pro, and since my email background is all white, hurting eyes, and so too, is the background to this site. My home screen is black, saving space and wear on the eyes. The update also placed a pic page on my site, with icons to some other ventures. Ok, I guess, but some things were changed, including the all white background feature. Any way to change the all white feature? Thanks, Jim S.
    My desktop background is black, saves space, easy on the eyes, and icons stand out.
    When I open my mail, screen is radiant white; when I open the internet the background is radiant white; when I open a site, background is radiant white. I did an update on my intel video driver, and now able to tone down the white background, but still wonder what happened with the latest update. Am told that you cannot change Edge background, and find that interesting, because before the latest update, I didn't have this problem. Also before the latest update I never had my home screen open with a picture and options to open different icons which also appeared on the home page picture. Updated a laptop, late model, win 10 pro, and when rebooted found that settings have been changed, and radiant white background problems also appears. Jim S.
    Jim S.

Gotta love Microsoft updates. They know what is best for you, it is their way or the highway.

Options:

Uninstall the latest update. This will only work for a while though.

Don't use Edge (it is junk anyway) or Microsoft Mail, or try changing the background color. Microsoft should not have changed that ability.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-3d43a8674fd4

Check to see if you can change the entire Windows Theme. This may allow changing the background color of Microsoft programs. No guarantee it will work, but it is worth trying.

Able to tone down the white

Quote Originally Posted by jdc2000 View Post
    Gotta love Microsoft updates. They know what is best for you, it is their way or the highway.

Options:

Uninstall the latest update. This will only work for a while though.

Don't use Edge (it is junk anyway) or Microsoft Mail, or try changing the background color. Microsoft should not have changed that ability.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-3d43a8674fd4

Check to see if you can change the entire Windows Theme. This may allow changing the background color of Microsoft programs. No guarantee it will work, but it is worth trying.
    Thanks for the posts. I've gotten accustomed to the "forced" update features, though I don't like the idea of Microsoft doing what it damn well pleases. Haven't heard too many others complain, so, I suspect Microsoft will take that as a "yes". Maybe we'll hear more about this as time passes. I've been able to tone down the white backgrounds and that'll probably be the best I can expect. Have written to Microsoft. No reply. We'll see how it plays out. Again, thanks. Jim S.
    Jim S.

Thread Information