Win 10 Begins to be a Real Pain !!

Thread: Win 10 Begins to be a Real Pain !!

Win 10 Begins to be a Real Pain !!

Sometime back, I had upgraded an older model HP Tower with new MB, Win10, & SSD HD, so things would move faster. It worked great for the first year & now Win10 wants to control everything.
    Fro example: I had set it up originally to boot directly to the desktop, no PW, just straight to desktop. Over time, it added, i believe its called lock screen. whatever.... Now it boots to a scenery screen,then when I click to move further towards boot up, up comes Bing.com with more added scenario, I have to click again to finally get to my desktop.
    I have searched the web & have tried every possible trick to fix this to no avail. I have tried numerous ways to get rid of Bing,com & it always comes back. Can I perhaps roll back the updates to fix this ??
    I have another PC, of which I use mainly for watching movies connected to our TV, it also has win10. I have refused any updates on that one & it always boots directly to the desktop. Any way out ?
    Where there's a will, there's a way

You could try removing the most recent update, but if everything else is working, that might not be the best idea. Instead, you could try the instructions at the following link:

https://superuser.com/questions/1063...tly-to-desktop

You need to have a blank password for the user account you want to auto-login to.

Thanks for the info jdc, I will give that a try................

Post back the results, let us know if any solution worked.

I did find something in the Superuser website that seemed to help. However, the jury is still out. It worked 2 out of 3 on the wakeup & worked ok on a complete shutdown & restart.
    It was in the section of : "how to turn on or off require sign-in on wakeup windows 10"
    In option 5 of that article was a couple of downloadable reg entry files of which I tried.

Thread Information