Using my Dell laptop for about a month all working well. Going to main screen now, not File Explorer, on bootup. Thanks. But today I decided to move some downloaded files from "Downloads" and File Explorer stops responding when I select more than one file. In my previous computer I had a "DL" folder I used for downloads and never used the Downloads one. But with this computer I decided to use it. I can open Pictures, Documents, Videos, all those folders and sub-folders and select more than one file to move or copy and all goes well. But in Downloads as soon as I select a second file, Explorer stops. Sometimes the screen will get that faded look with everything greyed out, sometimes it just sits there with the wording "Explorer has stopped responding" at the top of the screen. Sometimes it will close on its own and the screen goes to the main screen, and sometimes I have to go to Task Manager to restart it. All else seems to function normally. Suggestions?

Maybe related to this, maybe not, on my Desktop I have 22 icons. But in File Explorer, when I click on Desktop, it shows three files. One is Debug.log, one is desktop.ini, and one is a shortcut to a program. On the actual Desktop there are two desktop.ini links among the 22 icons . One of these matches the desktop.ini shown in Explorer and the other has different text.