FF safe mode or not!

Thread: FF safe mode or not!

Hybrid View

FF safe mode or not!

What ho one and ll,

My wife's computer is running XP Pro and Firefox 52 ESR. She is Japanese and I have set it up to display Japanese and added a few extensions that she likes. Stupidly, I don't seem to have made a back-up of the profile.

However, for whatever reason, it will not allow her to watch the BBC iPlayer, unless she reverts to Safe Mode. Must be an add-on issue, but this has only happened recently; no new add-ons installed for some time.

But, when restarting either the computer or Firefox, FF has always returned to 52 with her desired profile. Today, it does not; it just starts in the 52 default clean installation. Why would this be happening?

Additionally, since installing 52, her computer crashes about twice a day. Never did that previous FF. Any suggests to prevent this gladly taken on board.

Many thanks and toodle pip

Rex

What happens when it "crashes"? Does it lock up, blue screen, hard drive light stays on continuously, etc.? Which version of Firefix 52 ESR are you using?

Possibly useful link:

https://www.howtogeek.com/255587/how...mac-and-linux/

FF Safe Mode disables add-ons. If it works in Safe Mode, it sounds like an add-on issue.

Did you try disabling all the add-ons, and then re-enabling them one at a time? That would help to narrow down the culprit.

It might help us if you listed the add-ons you're using.

Thanks guys. Not sure specifically what I have done but by trying a number of things, the issue appears to have been resolved.

Thread Information