UPDATE PROBLEM

Thread: UPDATE PROBLEM

UPDATE PROBLEM

I took an old desktop and installed a new copy of Win 7 32 bit. I have been bombarded with ton of updates and find they are messing up my computer.
    they tried to update 160 updates that did not go well and reverted them. I later downloaded most of the updates but they say 4 important updates
    are left with 68 optional updates. What does reverted mean and how should I handle updates?

Jerry

Microsoft Updates have been a disaster for all versions of Windows including Windows 10 for several years now.

Post the KB numbers of the 4 important updates that are remaining. We can let you know if they are really "Important" to anyone other than Microsoft.

For the Optional Updates, if they are device driver updates and you are not having issues with any devices, you don't need them. If they are updates for something like Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. or for the Dot Net Framework, you can install those. Select only one update at a time, install it, then try the next one. That will reduce issues.

When they say the updates are being reverted what do they mean?

Jerry

reverted = uninstalled, removed, returning the computer to the previous state without the update(s) that failed.

Thread Information