is winzip still free ?

Thread: is winzip still free ?

is winzip still free ?

Needed winzip the other day for my an itme top open on my windows 10 and ended up with an ap that was free for 14 days then they wanted me to buy ..

bit confused I thought winzip or an application to open rar item etc used to be free.. I only would need it a couple times a year and didn't want to be on a monthly or yearly buy list .. Did a search but some of the free winzips are designed for android or IOS ..

without spending too much time on this... is there a link for a free bare bones winzip for windows?

thanks
    Windows 10 Home 64 Intel® Core™ i5-8265U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 3.9 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)
    17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) 256 GB - 5400 rpm SATA
    Windows 10 //21H1 (OS Build 19044..2251) 64bit //Google Chrome 118.0.5993.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)/ 16GB Memory/ AMD Radeon HD 7700 series Video Card//N68C-GS FX2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core /[/B]

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I use 7zip and though I have Windows 7, their website says it will work on Windows 10 also. And it's free:

https://www.7-zip.org/

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Unless something changed, trial version is forever.

WinZip - Knowledgebase / Customer Service / There is no free version of WinZip
    There is no free version of WinZip

Article ID: 47
    Last updated: 19 Sep, 2017
    Print
    Views: 128014

Although there is no charge to download the evaluation version of WinZip, WinZip is not free software. The evaluation version gives you the opportunity to try WinZip before you buy it. Anyone may download the evaluation version of WinZip from the WinZip web site.

If you would like to continue to use WinZip beyond the evaluation period, you will need to purchase a WinZip license. You may do so by selecting one of the Buy Now links on the WinZip home page.

You may also want to see the TrialPay Get WinZip Standard For FREE page.

If, after the evaluation period, you decide not to purchase a WinZip license, then at that point you should remove WinZip from your computer. Please see How to uninstall WinZip for the correct steps.

Feel free to email WinZip Service with any additional questions.

Thread Information