Yahoo Groups

Thread: Yahoo Groups

Yahoo Groups

What ho one and all,

This will make me look like a total bozo, but ..........

I am signed to numerous Yahoo groups. I have also recently changed my ISP from BT to A.N.Other but also have a **@gmail.com e-mail address. BT are about to cancel my address, so I will move to gmail.

However, in the Yahoo groups, I cannot find how to amend my e-mail address. I have been to the Edit Membership page and I can change the way I receive messages, but up-date / amend my e-mail, zilch.

What is the secret? Do I have to cancel my subscription and re-apply? If so, that seems somewhat cluncky.

Toodle pip and thanks.

Thanks for the link and also useful. I say 'almost' because I have been to that page and the difference is, I do not have the 'Add new e-Mail' option. If I had that, I guess I would have figured things out.

This is what I have when selecting the little pencil icon to edit membership e-mail address; nowhere to Add anything.

Attachment 14725
    Last edited by Rekusu; April 30th, 2018 at 01:36 PM.

See if this link helps:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2467.html

Again, thanks, but that link takes me to the screenshot I attached. That is where one should be able to edit the e-mail address, but I don't have the 'Add' option that is shown in your first link and I have attached from the Youtube link

Attachment 14727

Have you changed your Yahoo profile information and updated to the GMail address?

https://www.wikihow.com/Update-Your-...ct-Information

If yes, then if you are not the administrator for these groups, chances are you are not getting the option because you do not have permissions to make changes.

Here is the only other link I saw on the issue, and it is not helpful:

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Groups/C...up/td-p/362703

I think the problem is that I am no longer a BT customer and Yahoo is owned (?) by BT. So I can still send and receive to the groups but am unable to do anything but delete an account.

According to the messages I receive from BT, all my ***@talk21.com mail and anything associated with it, will be invalid from 22/6/18. I am not sure if that means that I will not be able to send/receive from Yahoo groups. What happens if one does not have a BT e-mail?

Looks as if I will have to unsubscribe each individual membership and then resubscribe with the ***@gmail.com address.

Yahoo is not owned by BT.

You don't want any of your current accounts of any kind linked to a non-existent or non-working e-mail address.

Try your idea on one of the Yahoo groups to see what happens.

Seem to be hitting my head against the proverbial. Tried Yahoo support, but the only option is for Spam and Abuse! Received an e-mail saying they cannot help as my issue is neither Spam or Abuse.

Have managed to sign up to a Nikon / Yahoo group, but when I log onto Yahoo, nothing shows up under My Groups. I know I am signed on because I am now being inundated with individual e-mails and I would like to change it to the Daily Digest, but that option is not shown! Also tried to Unsubscribe from that group, only to receive an automatic e-mail saying this option is not available! However, if I sign on to Yahoo via Yahoo.BT.com, all my groups are listed.

When on the Yahoo Group home page, tried to search for some of my groups (UK_Selfbuild) The result is zilch, a blank sheet. How about Guildford Recycle. Depending upon my search term, either again, blank or around 5000 hits because of the term 'recycle.' Since the list is not alphabetical, I cannot be bothered to scroll through looking for one group. And I cannot find any button that offers to search the hits (or am I missing something.)

There is a link to link a new e-mail address, but again, that goes to BT, and for the option to add a mobile number, when done, the message tells me that the number is invalid!

Whatever I do, everything leads back to my BT based e-mail address and when that dies, I guess all Yahoo Groups will also. BT tell me it is not possible to add my Gmail e-mail to Yahoo but when I suggest that the majority of the Yahoo Group members are not based in the the UK and therefore do not have a BT e-mail address, they don't have an answer.

And nor do I!

Yahoo.BT.com
    It would have been nice if you had mentioned that earlier. That explains everything. Yahoo.BT.com and Yahoo.com are NOT the same thing at all. Yahoo.BT.com is one of BT's e-mail services (one that they are getting rid of - for everyone, not just you). The groups associated with that e-mail will also be gone unless the group owners/administrators have made provisions to move them to Yahoo.com. I think you are going to need to contact each of the groups and find out if they are moving to Yahoo.com and how to sign up for them there.

Thread Information