Anti-virus software

Thread: Anti-virus software

Anti-virus software

Should I user Avast, AVG or Kaspersky for win 10?
    Thanks for your time,

3/2019
    Kaspersky still the best? the Free Avast now has its own ads and popups and I think it's added something unwanted to my browsers. Just set up a computer. Free Firewall recommendations?

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Kaspersky is still a top rated product, despite the U.S. Government's recommendation not to use it because it is a Russian company. (The owner has stated he will move the company rather than make any government required modifications.) Microsoft's antivirus also has decent ratings and may well be enough for your needs.

Possibly useful links:

https://www.pcmag.com/roundup/256703...rus-protection

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3219...indows-pc.html

For firewall software, Microsoft's will also work reasonably well, unless some of the sites you want to block are Microsoft sites. If you wanted to do that, you might need something else.

Possibly useful links:

https://www.techradar.com/best/best-free-firewall

https://www.lifewire.com/free-firewall-programs-4129270

https://www.pcmag.com/article/313986...free-firewalls

I use the default Microsoft software on some systems. On others, I use Norton A/V and Firewall (paid).

I use Microsoft A/V on two computers and Avast free on one other. I selectively use only the file, web and behavior shields and turn everything else off in Avast which has become a bit bloated over the years.

I also run Malwarebytes every week or so and if I could afford it I"d buy the real time version for added protection.

My fail safe protection is to make a full system image twice a month with Acronis TrueImage so if something does get through I have backups 'till the cows come home. I've only been infected once, about ten years ago and it was my own fault for clicking on a link in an email from a friend who'd been infected. Should have known better... Don't click on links.

Bottom line: Keep your system protected at all times with a/v's and Window's security updates but ultimately it's up to the user to use common sense and always be aware of the risks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Last virus I had was probably 15 years ago, but I get occasional adware.

Have the UI open now, don't know how to get the page in your image. And can I stop the Avast popups? otherwise, I'm dumping it.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open the Avast interface from systray and then click "Protection" and then "Core Shields".

Then to eliminate popup messages click "settings" in the top right corner then "General" then "Notifications"
    Then "Use silent Mode.."
    Attached Images Attached Images

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Got it. Avast has totally changed their UI. yuch.

Going to try Kaspersky on my other one. MSE might stop working when Win 7 EOL comes next year.

Question Intrusta Antivirus

Do you and anyone here happen to know anything about intrusta antivirus? I read this review here get intrusta antivirus but I still don't know what to think honestly. I'm just tired of getting screwed by McAfee.

There are as yet no independent reviews by trusted AV evaluators that I could find. While there may be some in the future, for now I would dump McAfee and use something else. Microsoft's AV has good reviews and should work. For a paid solution, Norton or Kaspersky would be good choices.

According to my view Microsoft Essential is the best anti virus for all windows.. I used this anti virus till 2012 in my pc.

Thank You!

Thread Information