Task Scheduler not running bat files - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Task Scheduler not running bat files

Thank you everyone! I had had this on my to-do list and finally tackling it again.

I can't believe how fast this was resolved!! I completely took out the wscript and put the bat file line in Program/script section, left the Add arguments section blank and ut in the batch directory on the Start in section....and badaboom! I thought for sure that I had needed the wscript before...but I guess not.

I'll find out in the morning if all the the jobs ran ok. I ran them using the Run command from the Task Scheduler.

Thanks!

KZ

Thank you everyone! I had had this on my to-do list and finally tackling it again.

I can't believe how fast this was resolved!! I completely took out the wscript and put the bat file line in Program/script section, left the Add arguments section blank and ut in the batch directory on the Start in section....and badaboom! I thought for sure that I had needed the wscript before...but I guess not.

I'll find out in the morning if all the the jobs ran ok. I ran them using the Run command from the Task Scheduler.

Thanks!

Ah, good catch jdc2000. He had mentioned wscript in the original post, so I thought it was required. I hope it works now.

Looks like everything is running automatically as it should.

The only question was related to the bat files running in their window minimized instead of popping up on top of my other work. I have created a shortcut to the bat files and chose in the properties to Run minimized for that shortcut, but I'm not sure how to choose that shortcut file (instead of the bat file) to run from the Task Scheduler.

KZ

The Computerhope site mentions that if I'm using the Task Scheduler to enter the below command....but I'm not sure where to put that. Can you help on that?

cmd.exe /c start /min myfile.bat ^& exit

You just put that into Task Scheduler where you would put the name of the program to run.

Thanks for checking back in about this question!
    Right now in the "Program/script:" section I have "C:\blahblahblah\copy.bat"

Are you saying to put this?
    cmd.exe /c start /min myfile.bat ^& exit "C:\blahblahblah\copy.bat"
    I tried that and it said "Windows cannot find 'myfile.bat'.

myfile.bat is the path/name of the bat file.

cmd.exe /c start /min "C:\blahblahblah\copy.bat" ^& exit

Thread Information